To Tweet, or not to Tweet?

Evokazz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Posted afew days back regarding my passenger door speaker cutting out, and having to slap the grill for it to come back on. Was generally agreed that replacing the front 2 speakers for Pioneer ones was the better option. My independant offered to do this for £100. But he suggested doing all 4 (rears too) for £200 at same time. Now I've been into his store before, and he sells all kinds of stuff but is a Pioneer vendor at heart, and tomorrow I have the funds for the work to be done.

My question is, I also have what I am told are 2 Tweeters (left and right next to wing mirrors) in the door higher up. Should I use my £200 budget to replace the front 2 door speaker and 2 tweeters, or all 4 Door speakers? I can't afford the lot, but someones telling me if I upgrade the door ones, the tweeters should be done too and the front of the car is more important than rear. Opinions?

2x Tweeters + 2x Door Speakers

or

4x Door Speakers and stick to the stock tweeters?

It all depends on how much you appreciate the music. This project seems to be escalating. If it was me I'd be looking into just fixing that one speaker. Not fixing, not replacing. None of this is adding value to the car, and you aren't starting with an acoustically nice concert hall, and unlikely an amp that can make the most of the new speakers.

But if you must and really want to replace it then I'd keep all components the same; thus 2xtweeters, 4xdoor speakers. Just wait until you have enough to pay for it all.

But I'd repair that one single speaker myself.

I upgraded the front speakers and tweeters on my wifes Civic many years ago and it made quite a difference even with the stock head unit. Never replaces the rears as the sound was more than good enough from just doing the fronts. The tweeters will help lift the sound and give more clarity to voices etc.

It's done and dusted :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom