1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To the guy who also had RGB/SVID xbox trouble

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chris White, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on the 32"sammy lcd IDTV model.

to the person and people who may have not been able to use the RGB/SVID for the abox as the ghosting was so poor... ive got my fixed!

Sammy sent me a software update with the serial lead.. ending in 3006 and i've just tried xbox and its fixed! only problem now is playing Forza you can really see those jaggies! why is this? :lease: is it to do with progressive scan?

ive just recevied the HD av leads from MS. What quality build? im going to be softmodding my xbox on saturday... will the jaggies go in HD output on this telly? or will i have to waite 6.5 weeks for 360?

Thanks

Chris.

2. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    How can the jaggies in Forza Motorsport be down to progressive scan when you haven't even softmodded your Xbox yet?!? ;)

I've updated the firmware on my TV from 3000 to 3006 like you and RGB looks exactly the same. The only thing the 3006 firmware fixes is the tearing in 480p@60Hz and 720p@60Hz with HDMI and component video input sources.

Forza Motorsport does look a little jaggy in places but if you think it does with RGB SCART I wouldn't recommend you play the game in 480p because you'll hate it even more. Progressive scan makes the picture not only crisper and more colourful with less ghosting but also highlights any jaggy edges tenfold! If you hate jaggies then I'd suggest playing non-HD Xbox games in 480i (leave 480p off) and play HD ones in 720p and 1080i by leaving them on in the Video settings. Unfortunately due to the age of the Xbox hardware only 20 or so games support 720p and only about 3 support 1080i, the majority being 480p only.

3. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im a progressive scan virgin mate so i dont know its ass from its elbow!

Im trying to learn fast!

I promise both RSC2 + Forza which were unplayable befor are playing well and looking fine through Svid! They were ***** before! Even the dashboard ghosted badly and thats fixed.

Thanks for advice on HD, i will have a play with it all tomoz when i softmod the baby!

Thanks

Chris.