To Rome with Love (New Woody Allen)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by orac1971, Aug 2, 2012.

1. orac1971

orac1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Saw this in Paris on Tues. The first Woody Allen film he has starred in since Scoop. I enjoyed it, better then some of his recent years output (Whatever Works, You will meet a tall dark stranger) . Out in UK in Sept.

The first Woody Allen film I have seen in the cinema for over a decade (they never come to our local cinema)... seen all his films apart from Interiors (must get round to it).

http://youtu.be/WIbYqxqtP38

2. douki

douki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I will definitely check this out. I really enjoyed Woody's last one and I've just been on holiday in Italy and spent a few days in Rome.

3. raycoleman

raycoleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, European-phase Woody is shaping up pretty good so far. I still like his Manhattan ramblings more but the man probably got bored with it already. Do you live in Paris, orac? How do you like Midnight? I watched it in Paris last year and most people seemed to hate it, mainly because of Mrs. Sarkozy but also because of the ridiculous location change throughout the scenes. I thought it was a good film for what it is - an impressionistic painting of Paris.

4. boyflyhigh

boyflyhigh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is it fun to watch with your girl?

5. orac1971

orac1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Only visiting Paris...

I liked Midnight in Paris, again more so than the previous 2 (Whatever Works and you will meet a tall dark stranger) but when it comes to Mr Allen, I always find something in every film.. I even liked Cassandras Dream. It was good to see him back acting in To Rome with Love.

Its a pity that the HD output is a very small - some of the french blu ray releases of some of his work (Midnight in Paris for instance) has forced subtitles (I saw Midnight in Paris, Match Point, Scoop and You Will meet a tall dark stranger in Virgin along the Champs Elysees, but unsure which would not have forced subs). The only UK blu ray release of any of his films currently is Vicky Cristina Barcelona.