To keep or replace my Panny PD50?

per-Sony-fied

I've had an engineers report on the faint flickery line syndrome that afflicts these sets and according to Panasonic it is known particularly with Freeview boxes to exhibit this *fault* but to be within specification! Caused by the 100Hz processing so they say.

Armed with this information do I keep and live with the occasisonal faint flicker every day or move on to something else like the Tosh ZP46? Of which I really can't decide whether this is my cup of tea in the true colour department. It also to me looks less sharp a picture. Maybe a LCD but I think they are still to expensive for a comparable screen size and MUST have component i/p.

billystevo

Standard Member
Lets face facts , most of the problems are due to bad bitrate transmissions from sky and freetoview. Whatever telly you buy will not solve this . Save your money and wait till high def tel is normal .

per-Sony-fied

I'm afraid I've only seen this phenomenon on this Panny Tv I don't think bit rate has anything to do with it. It looks like noise/interference/poor component connection/a dodgy cap. Perfectly fine as Freeview goes on my 5 year old Sony. I've seen Hig def on LCD and it looks awsome. Shame when 625 line transmissions are broadcast the sets don't look to wonderful... this where I think Plasma has definite edge.

hossacd

I had this slight flicker on my PD30 occur 2 days later the main power supply went on the TV ! Its out of warranty but the poor repair guy is having to replace 25 components in the PSU after advise from Panasonic.

per-Sony-fied

This sounds like you are saying the TV continued to function with a duff psu and Panasonic are now openly admiting it's a psu fault.

Trending threads

Top Bottom