Question To install TV aerial or not? Also - routing question.

Kev_83

Established Member
Reaction score
Right now there's nothing in the living room (no TV).
I have a splitter which allows for a TV cable. There's Sky cabling already fed in to the living room from the dish from when the previous owner was here.

For the first 12 months i'm fairly sure we're going to have Sky - the £16/month package.

But after this i may or may not cancel. Thing is there's no carpet down at the moment which is why i'm weighing up whether to get cabling in place before it goes down.

As said i may or may not cancel. I know i could still get (some) channels even with a cancelled Sky subscription. I'm not sure if it's worth trailing a TV cable across the room? What do you think?

Also about the routing ... my plan was to have it tucked at the base of the skirting trailing all the way to where the TV will be. It would be between where the grip rods will be placed & the actual skirting.

With it being so tight to the skirting, nobody is going to walk on it & i would be mindful not to put any furniture on top of it.

So if we were to decide to get the cable put in, is there anything wrong with putting it in place like that?

So would you recommend to have it put in place before the carpet goes down, or just not bother?

Worth considering Sky Q. You can add the Mini Box to any additional rooms with no extra cabling required. Its also a superb system

I had a look at the Sky Q thing as I was going through the order process (I didn't place the order, I just wanted to see what dates they could install).

I decided against it. I'd be going for 'regular' Sky.

I ran cables like you're suggesting at my last house, it's possible but can cause the carpet to bulge up, especially with more than one cable like is required with Sky +. If I did it again I would cut 10mm off the bottom of the skirting board with an electric multitool and then you can poke the cable under the skirting board.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom