1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To go with Kef Centre and Sub. Eggs?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Talheedin, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Talheedin

Talheedin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm slowly trying to update my speakers due to small fingers wear and tear. I've already got a kef sub and Q6 centre and was going to get eggs to replace the front and rear warfdales (modulus or something, I forget) but from what I've read on this forum you're not too impressed with them.

What would you recomend, bearing in mind that they need to be wall mounted and fairly descrete (the wife is not too happy with the big black boxes sticking out everywhere), sound good with the two existing kef speakers and fit within a tight budget (small fingers wear and tear on the bank balance too I'm afraid).

2. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I personally feel the KEF eggs are still very worthy. In fact, I auditioned them alongside some of the Mordaunt Short Genie that everyone has been raving about, and found the Eggs to sound far more coherant with better bass integration.

If you can find a couple cheap, I would highly recommend the eggs especially since they would sound similar to your centre speaker. Maybe look at the KEF Q1's instead, although they are a bit boxy in comparison.

3. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I would echo Unlight's comments re. the Eggs. I have had a set for a good while now and I think they are great. Give them a try alongside some of the competition and see what you think!

4. Talheedin

Talheedin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I will give them a try.

Do you know where the cheapest place to get them is? I've seen them in Superfi for £100 each.

Also, is there a difference with the ones that come with the 2001 set and those from the 2005 set?

5. stu mcc

stu mcc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    have you also considered KEF's custom install speakers mounted in the wall? Depending on the models you should be able to get 4 for about the same as the eggs.

stu

6. jagr

jagr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Superfi are doing the Kef Qcompacts for £150 a pair at the moment.