Question To Do or Not To Do

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 55" Samsung HD7500 Which I am fairly Happy with. I did have it calibrated about a year ago at cost of £400 the price was due to the distance the guy had to travel ( I am not moaning about the cost of it) but I am about to purchase @£400 the Samsung -SEK-3500u My professional calabrater says that the TV has to be redone. Which then gives a total cost of £800 I do not mind paying that money but think would it be better to sell this TV and upgrade to one of last year samsung TV which has SUHD which I have seen at £1,300 which has HDR. Like I said I am very happy with the samsung TV I have at the moment. Is it a case of keeping the devil you know or is a case of The grass is greener the other side of the hill:confused:

I have a 55" Samsung HD7500 Which I am fairly Happy with. I did have it calibrated about a year ago at cost of £400 the price was due to the distance the guy had to travel ( I am not moaning about the cost of it) but I am about to purchase @£400 the Samsung -SEK-3500u My professional calabrater says that the TV has to be redone. Which then gives a total cost of £800 I do not mind paying that money but think would it be better to sell this TV and upgrade to one of last year samsung TV which has SUHD which I have seen at £1,300 which has HDR. Like I said I am very happy with the samsung TV I have at the moment. Is it a case of keeping the devil you know or is a case of The grass is greener the other side of the hill:confused:

i'd wait for the 2016 models of SUHD to come down. the KS9000 is £2100 which is a lot cheaper than last year. the 8500 equivalent might be around £1900. i have the js8500 which is great but wish i had just a bit more peak brightness for HDR

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom