To all Toshiba C3030D owners...

smorgan99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just a quick one about the above set. I'm very pleased with my buy, however, one problem I have just discovered concerns the integrated freeview. I have a DVD recorder and just found out that if recording freeview you have to keep the TV on, as if you put it on standby it turns the digital tuner off and you record zilch! Not good if you want to record while your out etc.
So, my question is - is there a way round this issue with this TV? Read the manual and nothing is mentioned. I really don't want to buy a freeview box just to record. Help?!?!

My g/f has same issue with her Tosh 26WLT66. Once in standby the TV won't receive any further signal. I'm no techie but it seems logical this would be the case and the solution is to have a recorder box with integrated tuner, much like analogue VCRs etc had to have their own tuners despite scart link. If you don't need DVD recording, I highly recommend the Humax PVR 9200 (160Gb HD) despite less than efficient remote control button use.

I stand to be corrected about the TV digital to box recording...

Decent Freeview box only £29 at ASDA or Kelkoo.
You can record anything while watching something else.

And always buy TV for the quality of the picture and sound.

_

My g/f has same issue with her Tosh 26WLT66. Once in standby the TV won't receive any further signal. I'm no techie but it seems logical this would be the case and the solution is to have a recorder box with integrated tuner, much like analogue VCRs etc had to have their own tuners despite scart link. If you don't need DVD recording, I highly recommend the Humax PVR 9200 (160Gb HD) despite less than efficient remote control button use.

I stand to be corrected about the TV digital to box recording...

You won't be as you're absolutely right, however, I think some models of tv do allow TV output for recording via scart when the screen is in standby.

Still much better off buying a dvd recorder with built in tuner though of course, then the owner can watch one programme whilst recording another.

Good old Toshiba
Ok, there is a solution! Basically, there is a timer setting that you can set on the TV telling it what and when you are recording. Then, when you press the standby button the TV turns the screen off but not the tuner. Bit of a faff but at least I can record freeview while I'm out!
Just thought I'd let others know in case they were wondering!

Just came across this very problem, no recording when the tv is in standby. What's the point of outputting the DTV signal to a recorder if it doesn't work with the tv in standby? :confused:

I guess if they leave the tuner switched on in standby it consumes too much electricity and the tv fails some energy efficiency regulation - needs an option in the menu to allow the tuner to remain powered on but I guess hell will freeze over before that'll happen. Grrrrr, first problem I've come across with this tv!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom