1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all Toshiba 42wh18b owners: Please read!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tk2001, Nov 26, 2001.

1. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi, about 4 days ago I brought the Toshiba 42wh18b and since then everything has been alright. But it wasn't until last night that I watched my DVD movies on the 42wh18b for the first time in pitch-black that I notice a very slight darkness to the left and right side of the screen.

I'll try to elaborate on this in more detail: Basically when ever there is a scene in a DVD movie that is bright-white or sky blue, just to the left and to the right of the screen it gets slightly darker - its as if a slight bit of darkness has been ingrained onto the TV screen. I've tried moving around my living-room to see if the darkness is due to the viewing angle, but its there no matter which angle you are looking at.

Can any 42wh18b owners please help me out by watching a DVD movie that has scenes with bright white colors, and can you report back as to whether you can see 100% white colors, with nothing ingrained onto the screen?

My TV set is brand new, but I don't know if this is a manufacturing problem or the fact that I received a faulty TV.
    Any help with be much appreciated.

2. kotlewm

kotlewm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have just checked for this on my 42WH18B and I would say that there is a slight hotspot in the center of the screen. This is only noticable when I tried the "Ultimate DVD Platinum" setup disk color purity test.

This was an effect that I noticed on my previous 41" sony 4:3 RPTV. On my Toshiba I do not notice this in normal viewing and the drop off in brightness is very slight and gradual from the center to the corners of the screen.

Martin