To all those who are panic buying

Lord, some of the comments in this thread are hilarious. And they're definitely not mine :laugh:

I have eggs.

My prayers were answered.

monty.gif

:suicide:
On second thoughts, wait and he will do it himself.

The last 10 weeks I've queued for nearly an hour on most supermarket visits, but today there was no queue, partly due to the weather and more people at work. Usually took me two hours, today it was 45 minutes.

Toilet rolls on special offer now. :D

What about paracetamol, I know that took a hammering at the beginning, couldn’t get any anywhere

We are in the vulnerable category of age and health but couldn't get a home delivery slot until last week. Paracetamol is in stock at some chemists but check prices some are ridiculous. I know this is a bit off the subject but I am getting a bit fed up with the moaners and groaners always blaming Boris or the Tories for the deaths but in my opinion its down to the people, if you don't follow the advice and stay out of close distance then you can expect to be more likely to catch the virus than if you followed the advice. Please remember even if you don't think you are vulnerable you could be a carrier and pass it on to someone. Take care and stay safe for all our sakes

When I looked at the photos on the news over the Bank Holiday weekend I was shocked and saddened at the photos of various beaches with thousands of people not giving a damn about social distancing. On the shopping issue, my local Aldi/ Lidl and Iceland have full shelves with hardly any queueing . Virtually back to normal.

In the SW uk, all stores are full , queued only at certain times .
Where we are is classed as the SW and here at least, could not be different to your scenario. Some bizarre items are scarce 30 Birds Eye Cod FishFingers Nowhere has them, and no added sugar Heinz Baked beans.. bizarre.

Where we are is classed as the SW and here at least, could not be different to your scenario. Some bizarre items are scarce 30 Birds Eye Cod FishFingers Nowhere has them, and no added sugar Heinz Baked beans.. bizarre.

To be fair Fish Finger sandwiches is the food of the Gods :)

I thought that was fish fingers with custard? (slightly nerd reference)

Blasphemy!

It's raspberry jam.

I think not:

<-- rebel without a clue :D

One thing that still seems to be out of stock everywhere is antibacterial floor wipes, shelves still empty.
My local Tesco and Sainsbury’s don’t seem to have had any for months (well not when I’ve done my shopping late in the evenings to avoid crowds anyway) but Budgens in my neck of the woods have been well stocked in recent weeks and even had a special offer.

If I knew that supplies were still scarce elsewhere I’d have purchased more than 2 packs :devil:

C9ADEA86-39B6-4EC2-9910-3931B4F8C73F.jpeg

I worked out a while ago that the best place to shop is at our local independent convenience stores. They stock pretty much all of our needs except for maybe meat but there is always no queue whereas the big names always seen to have.

Maybe it's just me but I look at the thread title and think "Why would people be buying panic?" :clown:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom