To all those who are panic buying

Wife went out shopping last night and Tesco have implemented a really good system with separating queues, limiting amount of people in the store, cleaning trolleys, etc. She came back with everything we needed apart from.....toilet paper :D

M&S was the same this morning. Queue outside all separated, limited number in at a time, once they've dispersed a bit, a few more until they reach a certain number, then it's one in, one out.

Lines on the flooring to organise checkouts and keep a distance between customers.

Brother-in-law went to Aldi Mold this morning. Loads of absolutely everything. Limit of 2 of each item, except flour which was 1 of each.

I was so occupied to ensure i have food and medicine for the family I forgot all about booze. I am still in isolation so can’t go to my local off licence or coop. No deliveries available until mid April.

Any recommendations where I can get next day delivery on beer or wine?

Get a few bottles with an chinese/indian delivery :D

Get a few bottles with an chinese/indian delivery :D
Haha there is only 1 place that offers booze in takeaway but they were all over the local papers due to having the worst food hygiene in the area. They’ve been making people ill, well before corona was about.

… but they were all over the local papers due to having the worst food hygiene in the area. They’ve been making people ill, well before corona was about.

How good are your supplies of toilet paper?

Any alcohol based spray or wipe and or disinfectant should do the job.
Remember soap and water is good too. A virus doesnt survive too long on a surface maybe 24 hours its spread though being airborne or by touch from a surface where its typically landed within 24 hours
ICYMI coronaviruses can apparently remain infectious up to 3 days after landing on non porous plastic / steel surfaces :eek:

Just the 485163 in the Ocado virtual queue.

M&S was the same this morning. Queue outside all separated, limited number in at a time, once they've dispersed a bit, a few more until they reach a certain number, then it's one in, one out.

Lines on the flooring to organise checkouts and keep a distance between customers.

Exactly the same at a Lidl near me y’day morning. Pretty well observed too with no angry shoppers etc.

Just the lack of loo roll (still ok for a few weeks - 2 rolls left).

Not seen any, anywhere in 2 weeks now. Maybe next week.

Exactly the same at a Lidl near me y’day morning. Pretty well observed too with no angry shoppers etc.

Save your money. Just use a bucket and a garden hose :lesson:

The Sainsbury's near me had a full stock on Wednesday when I went for some stuff. Not the good stuff mind, but not the basic nonsense either.

Loads of everything else, limits of 3 on most things (2 for soap/hand sanitisers).

Still panic buying mode round here,dont understand how much food can you eat,and how much will go of before eaten :( :facepalm:
It’s probably the numpties who don’t know how to cook as well, so seriously wasted food at that.

1585334484708.png

Just finished my shift at Sainsburino. Our produce chiller is pretty full. And we're getting a normal saturday delivery tomorrow. The warehouse is rammed. Stock isn't shifting anymore now that the doors are being controlled.

Gonna be an interesting weekend. Still really annoying seeing couples do their shop, it just needs one person!

Last edited:
I actually haven't been to Tesco in a couple of weeks now. I needed some bits today so I walked up the high street and got them from shops there. Got some sausages and mince from the butcher, veg from the greengrocer, and milk + bread from the newsagents. A little more expensive, but I walked straight into each shop as there were no other customers and got served straight away.
A few people had the same idea as me and as I came out of each shop the same people were waiting to go in! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom