To all SVS owners

Ilkka R said:
I'm not Mr Bond, but I think it's PB12-ISD. Looks quite small though...

ya, its a pb12-isd, but at 80 lbs, small was not the first word I would use to describe it, especially when lifting it. I'm in the process of upgrading to a smaller/lighter pc-ultra which will be much eaiser to move around because at least I can wrap my arms around it.

007 said:
ya, its a pb12-isd, but at 80 lbs, small was not the first word I would use to describe it, especially when lifting it. I'm in the process of upgrading to a smaller/lighter pc-ultra which will be much eaiser to move around because at least I can wrap my arms around it.

Without wishing to alter your desire to own a PC Ultra you shouldn't have to move the sub around that much. Well, not once you have it calibrated properly.

But there are much easier ways to move heavy, awkward objects. If you roll it onto an old blanket, rug or eiderdown you can move very heavy objects easily on carpet or any other smooth surface. You simply drag the blanket by the corners. Don't try and push the object itself.

The thing to watch out for is damaging or marking the object being moved if it should rub through the transporting rug (or blanket or whatever) Multiple layers of blankets or rugs will help here. Don't blame me if you damage something through your own carelessness.

If feet are easily removable then do so. That puts the invisible side of the heavy object downwards where it is least likely to show damage. You can put the feet back on when the object has found its new home.

Moving the cylinders is a piece of cake in comparison. You just tip it slightly and roll it around. With a little practice you could get work in a brewery.

While the cylinders may have a smaller footprint they are much taller and obviously more noticeable. I favour placing a table lamp on top when not in use if you have partner acceptance problems. It makes the cylinder look like it has a furnishing purpose rather than to simply act as a bass megaphone.

Creative use of cloth draped over or around the cyclinder can add a touch of drama to a room. The sub needs to breathe freely when in use though. So the cloth (and lamp) need to be removed or a large hole cut in the cloth where it fits over the top.

Do not place pot plants on top. Water spills will be very costly.

A scottish version could have the clan tartan wrapped neatly round and pinned. Sporans and dirks are optional. :)

I think that's enough rambling for one post. ;-)

Regards
Nimby

Blimey! You never know what type of advice you ganna get here. All I need now is for grandma to come on-line and tell me how to knit a sub warmer :laugh: :clown:

JUS said:
Blimey! You never know what type of advice you ganna get here. All I need now is for grandma to come on-line and tell me how to knit a sub warmer :laugh: :clown:
That'll be Nimby :) ;)

JUS said:

I am your grandmother! :devil:

You obviously missed our Barbie-insired SVS cylinder dressmaking class. :D

My sympathies are always with those who aspire to a subwoofer in the maturer sizes. Any advice I can offer to allow people to fulfill that desire isn't a complete waste of effort. There are those amongst us who also have to satisfy the nestmaking needs of a partner.

So if the better 'arf gets bolshy you should always have a fallback Plan B ready and waiting. Even if it involves pink chiffon bows and lace doilies. :cool:

Regards
Nimby

Back from the dead. Blimey. Are you a ghost or a rotting corpse :laugh:

I agree. Unfortunately you've just told the better halves how to move their subs out of the house :D :rotfl: :D

JUS said:
Back from the dead. Blimey. Are you a ghost or a rotting corpse :laugh:

Woops! :blush:

I agree. Unfortunately you've just told the better halves how to move their subs out of the house :D :rotfl: :D

Better halves aren't daft enough to read my posts. They're all about knittting and dressmaking. :devil:

Nimby

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom