1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all Pronto owners, care to share you CCFs ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dUnKle, Dec 19, 2001.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Had mine awhile and whilst it might not be the best looking it has all the controls I need, but im still looking for ideas it make it better.

I now we can go http://www.remotecentral.com/files/main-sys.htm but there are soooooooo many.

Just wandered what you guys have yours looking like ?

Mines attached

Attached Files:

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Here is mine - have fun.

Most ideas on this were taken from other ccf files downloaded from remotecentral's web site.

Also contains a number of macros for switching to/from DVD/LD and TV viewing.

Haven't changed anything for a while as it works great as it is. I might do some fine tuning to the TV screen, but everything else is brill :)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have only had my Pronto for a couple of weeks and I have spent most of that playing around in Pronto Edit.

I am still building up my CCF but it is now getting to a workable level. I used an existing CCF off RemoteCentral's site to begin with and then started changing it to how I wanted it.

There are still a lot of things wrong with it and stuff that I am not happy with....plus I plan to finish off the home pages over the weekend as well as sort out a lot of pages and buttons for my amp and VCR that are currently not set up.

Attached Files:

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Good work guys but I have to ask, whats the Furby menu for ? :)

Just about to get started on updating mine. Need to do a set-up for my old Toshiba R1 player which has just got re-connected up and also for my PS2 remote as well.

Have tried to get most of my buttons to work as macros as best I can as this saves having to skip screens and navigate around menus.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I added the Furby page last weekend to amuse the kids who both have one. To be honest it will be the first thing to be removed this weekend as it is a bit lame and dosn't really do anything:rolleyes:

I am going to change the first screen to include a DD logo overlayed onto the face image (Aki from FF:D ) and use that to switch everything on instead of using her eye.

Then gonna get rid of the 'Welcome to the....' on the home page and use that space for a 'Watch DVD' and Watch TV' button macro.

Also gonna get rid of the Directory as I will probably never use it.

And then, after the aformentioned Amp and VCR screens are sorted out, it will be at a stage which I will be (almost) happy with:D

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Well they were both very good and have given me a few ideas.

Still playing about with mine, trying to get as few as buttons as possible and also make it dead easy to use.

I have downloaded some discreet codes which enable me to turn on or off my amp or other products and this has helped.

If I press the source for DVD on the Amp section, the amp will switch on, go to DVD input, switch to Dolby Digital, turn on the DVD, turn TV to correct input and finally play the DVD. It speeds up no end of things and makes it girlfriend friendly.

Ive also got rid of things that I never use, such as the buttons for 5Ch stereo or inputs for things that I dont have connected up. It just helps get things clearer.

This will be my 3rd big change of my CCF and as soon as I have finished I will post it again.

Its good to see others configuration as even though the layout seems to be a rather personal thing you can get loads of good ideas.

I hope you dont mind but I have pinched the Pioneer and Toshiba logos, so I know which DVD player the pronto is set to.

7. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello all!
    Here's another ccf for your entertainment!
    Had my unit for just over a year now, most of my buttons orignate from Remote Central but the Sky logos I made myself.
    The general idea is to use the "cinema" option when wanting to view/listen to an a/v source.
    I've tried to keep the look consistant & as easy to use as possible & although I think it is, it quite possibly isn't!
    I like the look of the new Marantz 9200 with "hard" direction/Ok buttons, too pricey for me though!
    Cheers, Paul.

Attached Files:

8. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Well the fruits of my evenings work can be seen below. Like I said I have tried to keep it as simple as possible and have yet to include anything for the PS2 yet.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Attached Files:

9. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello Duncan
    My only suggestion would be is that if your happy navigating your way round a device using your tab keys, that you you make each panel "hidden" in the panel properties.
    That way you'll loose the scroll bars which I think makes the screen look less cluttered.
    Cheers, Paul.

10. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Great idea, I will try that very shortly

11. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry if this sounds a daft question, but can you cut and paste between CCF files?

My pronto arrived in the post before I left for work this morning, and I've been looking at some of the files on remote central.

If for example 5 different files each contained a component that I have in my system, would I be able to load them all into prontoedit and then cut and paste in order to build up a system close to mine?

thanks in advance for any replies

12. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Well the method you decribe is exactly how I made mine.

Spending a few hours copying and pasting soon got me to the basic layout which I use. If you look you can see I have the same interface and tab desugn for each component. Also both my Pioneer DVD / LD and Toshiba DVD CCFs are both almost identical.

13. garliadr

garliadr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Here is mine - it has been going about 2 years now and is completely unrecognisable from the one that started. Latest addition is the Jukebox controls for the Sony 301 DVD player. Always adding to it and modifying weekly.

Fancy a colour pronto pro myself. Bank manager won`t let me tho`. :D :D

Attached Files:

14. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    here is my colour pronto ccf ,it still neads tweaking but the main stuff is there ......
    oops winzip has died :mad: :mad:

hmm it wont let me upload it :( says it too big even zipped
    must be all those film covers i put into it ..........
    if you email me at mexronin@icqmail.com ill send it to you ...
    it has........
    sony11ht
    da-lite screen controls
    denon amp
    vid
    tv
    remote certains
    and lights
    and quick link system to other pages abit faster than using the
    scroll on the right hand side......

15. dannycox

dannycox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All ideas taken from various websites but im pleased with it!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun shipmate

Danny cox(RN)

Attached Files:

16. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After 2 years of my ccf getting bigger and more complex I've now reverted to a basic ccf with only the functions I use included.

I think it's now just about there and it includes a utility to control my 301 Sony Disk-changer without using the awful Sony UI.

Steve

Attached Files:

17. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after two weeks of trying to get my CCF to a more user freindly level and getting rid of most of the junk on it I have nearly finished.....but I have a problem:(

I have a start screen with a button on it that switches all the components on...this always results in watching the last Sky Digi channel I was watching the night before when I switched everything off..which is the way I wanted it:) I have now added a couple of buttons on the second home page that enables me to switch all the componants to the appropriate settings to start watching a DVD (i.e. I am watching Sky One, I press the 'DVD' button and the amp switches to the DVD/LD input, the TV switches to the AV3 input and goes to wide screen mode....then when I have done watching a DVD I press the TV button and it all switches back).

....only problem is..it dosn't work:(

I have tried loads of different ways of doing it but I am none the wiser...and it dosn't help that I am none too keen on Prontoedit and have never really been able to get my head around it:confused:

I have spent so much time trying to sort this out that I still havn't got round to finishing off a lot of the pages for my amp and VCR:mad:

Anyway, I have attached the new version of my CCF below if anyone wants to have a look and make a suggestion:D

In case it helps my kit is also listed below :

Toshiba WHo8B 40" RP TV
    Pioneer VSX 808 Reciever
    Toshiba SD210 DVD Player
    Pioneer CLD 925 LD player

Attached Files:

18. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    What is the problem your having with the DVD function Jason?

Instead of having learned function for each of the command your better using Prontoedit and setting up Alias' to each function.

Have a look at my ccf file and you might get an idea of what is required. Why your having problems is beyond me (unless your learned commands are not working) as everything looks okay.

19. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my pronto for 24h and have spent most of that ligging ccf files from here and remote central so I feel I should give something back :)

Like I said I'm a beginner so don't hold your breath but already my HC is operable by the missus and that's with my very shaky grasp of the software - no mean feat!
    When I master, or even look at macros, I hope to loose the mickey mouse initial screens I actually wrote myself for each unit, I know it's clumsy but it works for me.
    I have named the amp/tuner and cd and dvd seperately until I can figure how to elegantly get the amp to default to the correct surround mode for each - if you get what I mean, this is the easiest way.

The DVD and receiver files I used are absolutely lousy but are all I could find, sorry that's not charitable as I grabbed them for minimal effort but I'm hoping to do better. Surely there cannot be only one Denon 3802 file out there?
    Maybe I will do my own as I get more comfortable......... maybe not.

OK then here it is

D

Loewe Aconda (pity the UK model doesnt support discrete codes)
    Denon 3802
    Pioneer 444
    Nokia Digibox
    And no video

Attached Files:

20. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used alias's initially and the only reason there are learned commands in there at the moment is because they didn't work either:(

The problems seem to be arrising with the large number of times that the same function is used in the macro's. For instance, my amp has no ir function for switching directly to a different source so I have to 'cycle' through them using the function key. When I switch everything on the amp is on TV/Sat function and it takes six taps of the function key to cycle through to the DVD/LD function...so the macro to switch to watching a DVD includes the six function key commands. I tried them straight after each other at first and when that didn't work I tried adding delays in between each command...but still no luck:(

It just does the command once and switches to the next function but dosn't carry on until it reaches the DVD/LD one.

The same applies for the TV which just switches to the next AV input but dosn't carry on to AV3..and again for the aspect ratio which simply moves to the next in line and then does nothing...

....even with varrying delays in between the seperate commands it is as though it is executing the first command in each set and then ignoring the rest:confused:

21. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Quick question time -

Can the TV not be set up so that say channel 9 would be AV1 etc...

There are discrete codes for the Pioneer receiver on remote central - http://www.remotecentral.com/files/i-pio2.htm#receivers

I have attatched a mod to your ccf that has a window on the front screen (just press the up or down arrow button on the pronto's display) that has a few discrete codes on it.

Could you try them and let me know if they work.
    Also, let me know if your TV can have it's AV displays set up as channel numbers (my 5 year old Sony can so I'd imagine that yours should be able to).

22. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works !!:D

Alanrob, I am in your debt for those direct codes for the functions on the amp....how is that possible as there is no direct function buttons on the Pioneer remote ????

I changed the length of the delays, used the aliases and it still didn't work....then I realised that the DVD player defaults to a 4:3 image about 2 seconds after being switched on and this was messing up the macro which was also sending the aspect ration signal at the same time...

...so together with those direct function codes I managed to add a longer delay to allow the DVD player to switch before the remote tells the tv to start switching ratios.

I am gonna have a look later to see if there are similar codes on Remote Central to see if anyone has some codes for direct access to aspect ratios on the Tosh tv.

23. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Glad they worked m8 :)
    I doubt you'll have much joy with discrete codes for your TV, but good luck anyway.

24. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hey guys,

I'm particularly chuffed with my ccf, has taken a bit of working and refining but its in a state where (i believe) everything is logical and ive managed to eek as much functionality out of the remote as possible - my non-techy wife now couldnt live without it.

The main functionality is tv based (sony) ... itv digital box (pioneer) remains on all day and the tv defaults to it via scart. Also have a wharfedale dvd player and digitheatre dts in there too, plus my old mitsi vcr.

My main chuffyness bits are:
    - Mute button works as a "system on" (= tv on) as well as mute, sends the mute signal then a few seconds later the discrete "power on" for the sony telly - real world functionality is if tv is off then mute is ignored and tv is turned on, if tv is on then mute is caught and implemented and the discrete on is ignored
    - Toggeling hard grey buttons (! whoo hoo). The right bottom button is pretty much fixed as "tv off", the left one toggles between play and pause in dvd mode, video mode, and cd mode. In tv mode it switches between channel logos and a keypad area for the itvdigital box.

All the channel logos are nicked from digiguide.com ... err ... the system is built with a load of never accessed (but avaliable through the equipment section) full remote implementations, actual user menus and screens do everything by aliasing the "equipment" sub listed stuff (sure that'll make sense when you look at it!).

Do me a favour and look at the emulator before looking at all my panels - it confuses me a bit sometimes, hopefully you'll enjoy the functionality and ignore the messyness!

One last comment, all device navigation is done through the panels rather than using the device selection functionality of the pronto (the area near the hard channel buttons).

Dunkwho

Attached Files:

25. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Dunkwho
    Nice ccf!
    Like your toggeling hard grey buttons, good idea.
    What's the blank panel on your home page for?
    Cheers, Paul.

26. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The blank page ... its just a blank template that i used when creating new screens - if you do a right click "add panel" it gets created with the round cornered square of lines ... i do a copy paste on my blank panel rather than using "add panel" so that i dont have to start by deleting the square :)

oh ... and glad you liked the ccf, of course as soon as i posted it i realised that i had a minor error in my video toggeling screens - the big play button should switch to the vhs device that has pause and ff as the hardbuttons, it doesnt, it just sits with play and ff (not what i had intended) ... ho hum, victim of my own overcomplications !!!! (doh doh doh DOH!) - do you like the way the "controls" area of the channels screen goes "back" to the original channels category that called the controls screen (oh the joy of a sucesful ccf after hours of musing!)

Dunkwho :D

27. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Here's mine.

Navigation is done using the icons on the left of each panel, rather than the device menu. Each device also has several tabs for navigation.

Extensive use of aliases - each button has only been learned once.

Hard On/Off for power to TV, Amp and digibox.

Macros screens for Power, Common buttons and a task based guide for watching DVDs, VCR etc (not yet finished).

Attached Files:

28. kennydies

kennydies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Here is mine Equipment:

NTL
    Sony FQ75 TV
    Sony 735 DVD
    JVC S-VHS
    Sharp VHS
    Philips TV
    Teac Mini-hifi
    Sony 930 Receiver

Does anyone have a E4 logo button that I can steal?

Thanks

Attached Files:

29. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    you'll find an e4 logo in my ccf a few up ...

Dunkwho

30. Diane

Diane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the Marantz 9200 compatible with ccf files? If it is does anyone know how differnet it is and how much files will need to be altered to adapt? Does it use a modified version of ProntoEdit?

Diane Maddox