1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all KV36fs76 owners RGB shift query

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mattheu, Dec 12, 2002.

1. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As some may know Sony Engineers have been out to sort out some focus and other problems with my set.
    I was due to post what they have done to improve things but they are due again this Monday.
    First thing to say is that they have be exceptionally helpful and spent 2 and 1/4 hrs setting things up, they are doing these visit as a favour to Jlewis and it is not the norm,but with each odd visit they do they are trying to assertain wether there are some consistant set up problems, that my be corrected at source.( why this isn't do as a matter of course I'm not sure but it does show that some one at Sony is trying to get things sorted)
    Ok! long windy start, but here the point of the post.
    The RGB shift when using the DVD, is fully to the right and still does not centre the picture and I lose info to the left. I have read similar from other posters could this be confirmed . Also what DVD player are you using, is it a Toshiba as mine? Is it better with a Sony player?
    The Sony guy feels that he's ran tests with a sony DVD and the picture can be centred ok.
    He would like to know if I know of others with the same problem, as they will maybe able to change the adjustment range on future TVs for greater compatibity, unfortunately it seems that these positons can not be adjusted in the service menus, as these adjust the picture position and would thus push the broadcast picture out.
    So the upshot is, can you center your DVD picture (say using a THX set up chapter) and what DVD playr do you use.
    I will post as comprehensive a list of service adjustments they have made , as I can ( If I understand my hurried notes!) when they have finshed playing around.
    As a last note, when using the THX test on this model, and viewing the 16:9 circle are the vertical bars on the description page before the circle page , does the lettering pull the upright 'box'lines such tha they are wobbly, this known fault, should have been corrected on this model, I wish to know before they come if others have this, as the Sony chap thought this had been cured.
    BTW the sets are made in Barcelona, Spain.

2. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mattheu,

I've changed a number of service menu settings (I used DVD Platinum & THX logo from Toystory 2 R1) and my picture is centered and everything fits on-screen fine.

My DVD player is Sony 315 (old model) & I use NTL digital through RGB too.

I do have to use the -10 to the RGB center setting from the public menu and its only now a few mm's off center...could do with -11 :)

I don't find the Vertical Position Stabilser completly fixes the wobbly bars; but I'd be interest to hear if it should.

Matt.

3. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for answering, and come on chaps I know some of you mentioned RGB centering problems where are you?

4. daniel.a

daniel.a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Tosh 220 and the FS76 and have the same problem as You, can´t get the pic centered when doing the THX Optimode-test. Have no solution to the problem though.

Daniel