To all Dune HD Lite 53d users

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by johan d, Dec 23, 2011.

1. johan d

johan d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dear, i am going to buy a Dune who's able to play ISO (DVD & BR) and MKV files from a QNAP.
    I like the Design far more than the design of the smart series, but will i miss thing i can do with a smart-version? I read with the latest firmware the Lite also does HD audio and BR rips.
    The Lite has a more recent processor - 8653 tov 8642-43 (smart)
    The player has to have an optical out to connect to my A/V (that why TV-101 is not my choice)
    The Lite should be able to work with Zapitti or Yadis too.

Are there reasons why not to take a Lite and beter wait for a TV-301 (from which i find the design more "plastic-look")

Dune HD Lite 53D » Dune HD GmbH

Thx, Johan

PS: besides awink1 and MarkE19 :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,479
    From what others have said HD audio is now working on the 53D, but AFAIK it has always played BD rips. However it didn't and AFAIK still doesn't have a full BD license so is BD Lite.
    I have no idea of the release dates for the SoC, but the 53D is a lesser chipset at 500MHz vs the 667MHz in the Smart or 700MHz in the TVx01 players.
    Yep it does as do all Dune players.
    For now they both handle the latgest firmware, but the slower SoC 'might' hold the 53D back at some point in the future.
    :oops:

Mark.