1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all 3803 owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jbwingnut, Mar 25, 2003.

1. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have any of you set up the 3803 so the main front speakers are bi-amped using the spare rear surrounds?

If so, is there a marked improvement? Was it easy to set-up and how did you do it?

John

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own it but am fairly sure that, according to the 3 mag reviews I've read, this facility isn't a feature of the 3803.

3. jbwingnut

jbwingnut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read in a previous thread that if the main speaker outputs are connected to an un-used input and then assigned in some way it can be done. I can't find that thread now, that's why I'm going over old ground. I have one of these on order with Unbeatable and I should hopefully get it within a week if their timescales are correct.

John

4. DJP

DJP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Although I have a Denon 3803 I haven't tried this.

If I remember correctly the thread you were refering to was regarding 3802 amps. I believe that the solution was to use the back speaker outputs as multi-zone and ensure that the multi-zone source was the same as the main source.

Of the top of my head I can't see why you couldn't do this with a 3803 as well. However, in doing so you would lose the option of 6.1/7.1 surround which is why I haven't done it. :)

Hope this helps.

Derek