• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

To aim assist or not to aim assist

steviegall

Prominent Member
ok so we all know what a pain aim assist can be when your taking aim at an enemy and another enemy comes across your view pulling your aim away from the guy you are actually aiming at

so recently ive been thinking of taking the aim assist off, i was going to do it last night but forgot so i will definatily do it tonight

i know by taking it off i will have to be more precise as aim assist does play a big part in tracking your enemies horizontally and even helps sometimes by feeling it when turning and may help you locate a player well hidden or even through a wall(god only knows what treyarch was thinking with that but anyway..)

what im wondering is does anyone here play without it or has anyone tried it in the past and switched it back on for whatever reason?

Last edited:

Wario

Banned
In all honesty I can live with or without it, I've not really had that many instances where it's helped me that much, I tend to forget about it, I must try to use it to my advantage if I can. I'm surprised you would think it's a hindrance though?

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
Never tried it with it switched off tbh. Aim assist can be annoying at times but on the other hand it can be helpful too.

I'll wait to see how you get on:D

QBSBuck

Prominent Member
Does mw2 have aim assist? I think it does but it has a much lighter pull than blops. Havent had much blops time in yet, but have already noticed aim assist fluff me a kill when a second target ran across.

Swordfish

Prominent Member
I am pretty sure although it's in the options, it only turns it off for single player. This addition was only put in for console players because of the disadvantage they have over PC players. I'm pretty sure I'm right but happy to stand corrected. No doubt Det will be in here soon to confirm or deny :D

Hubba-EX

Prominent Member
Some thoughts about the aim assist in this game, no facts, just from my experience.

The sticky aim is weaker then the previous CoD games.

The tracking aim (when ADS) is alot stronger then the previous games.

Aim Assist is on by default, I have tried taking it off for about a minute and it felt alot harder to hit my targets. But it was only for a minute and not conclusive enough.

steviegall

Prominent Member
Aim Assist is on by default, I have tried taking it off for about a minute and it felt alot harder to hit my targets. But it was only for a minute and not conclusive enough.

yeah for the first 2/3 games i felt at a major disadvantage but in the games after that i didnt even miss it

i was still winning games and hitting semi high kdrs doing it

Swordfish

Prominent Member
Just had a google and looks like I was wrong :rolleyes: I remember a heated debate about MW2 and that you couldn't turn it off.

I can see the benefit at times especially when you have multiple targets near each other, but surely they don't outweigh all the other occasions?

Det

Distinguished Member
I wanted to turn it off, but opted not to. I know in MW2 I wanted to turn it off because there were a lot of times I'd get pulled off target by some tool running in front of my line of fire, then I'd die.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom