To 65" or not to 65"? That is the question........

martd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to upgrade my 55" Samsung KS7500 (that is faulty) and I'm not sure whether to take the step up to 65".

My concern is that a 65" will be too big for the room / wall.
Seating is around 2m from the TV

Here's a pic of my room as it is now

Ignore the fire, that's being moved to the other wall - the soundbar will be mounted under the TV

What do you all think?

IMG_6465.jpg

It'll look fine on the wall, my main concern would be the position relative to the seating, whether it's too close into the corner and/or too high.

Thanks EndlessWaves, here's a photo of the room side on (excuse the mess!)

IMG_6467.jpg

65". Otherwise you'll change it in 12 months.

I'm having a similar dilemma now, stay at 65 or change to 75". I'm exactly 9ft away from the screen, 75" will over hang my unit by about 30mm both sides and will surely dominate the room. BUT will it look great or ridiculous.

65". Otherwise you'll change it in 12 months.

I'm having a similar dilemma now, stay at 65 or change to 75". I'm exactly 9ft away from the screen, 75" will over hang my unit by about 30mm both sides and will surely dominate the room. BUT will it look great or ridiculous.
Nah, you'll adapt.

I have a 65" and I'd love to be able to accommodate 75", but the room's simply not wide enough.

There's a 55" at work and it looks TINY. I completely understand why people don't want a TV to dominate a room, but I live on my own and it would be great!

Nah, you'll adapt.

I have a 65" and I'd love to be able to accommodate 75", but the room's simply not wide enough.

There's a 55" at work and it looks TINY. I completely understand why people don't want a TV to dominate a room, but I live on my own and it would be great!

I know, I'm almost certain I'd love it, the wife not so sure. She doesn't seem convinced and 75" on a stand looks absolutely huge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom