• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TMT6 and HDDVD

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Hi, yes i know HDDVD is a dead format and all, however I just downloaded the demo of TMT 6 with a view to watchng HDDVDs on my pc instead of my xbox.

back in the day I used to use TMT3 for this, and it worked fine, however TMT6 the framerate of HDDVDs is awful, running at maybe 1fps and really slow.

blurays are fine however.

I tried this on my media PC and, then to rule out the computer not being fast enoguh on my gaming rig (sandy I5 with GTX560Ti)

has anyone any thoughts? I know HDDVD is no longer officially supported but i thought it was still meant to work.
I will post on the arcsoft forum if i have to but thought i would check here 1st

cheers
M.

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
I think they removed support to save licensing fees, so you'll have to find an older version of it.

next010

Distinguished Member
Try disabling hardware decoding in TMT6 the CPU should be able to handle the video as is, most HD-DVD's were VC-1 based, MPEG-2/H.264 were rare. There could be a bug in there somewhere offloading the video to the GPU.

Alternate option, use MakeMKV on the HD-DVD to extract the video lossless from the disc to a mkv container, then use any media player with mkv support to play it, same video thats on the disc.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Hi

thanks for your thoughts. Support is still in there apparently. Tried turning off hardware decoding but made no difference. I know i could rip the HDDVD but not an option i fancy really. I still have the old xbox hddvd drive which I can use if i have to, but before resorting to that i may see if i can find an old copy of TMT5 (or resort to 3 if i need to. I know TMT3 used to work though dont suppose new blu-rays will work on it. Defo want to know for sure it is going to work before i part with cash however

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom