Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

TMREQ vs. TacT (, T+A, AudioNet) ?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by mailaht, Apr 5, 2004.

1. mailaht

mailaht
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,
    Just used the general panick to buy a bargain ex-demo TAG AV32R Dual Processor and found a little time last weekend to give the TMREQ room-correction a first shot. Well, ...

WHOHEEEEEEEEEEEEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I call value for money! After getting used to spending large amounts of money for subtle improvements (e.g. my Nordost cables), this is a quantum leap!

I was a bit worried if it would be difficult, but using the ETF 5 software (free demo download) and the EMM-8/MP-1r calibrated mic and mic-amp, it was actually quite straightforward. And the results surely more than warrant the effort. After these first steps, I am looking forward now to tweak it to perfection.

Anyway, enough of my raving, here is my question:

Does anyone have any experience with other room correction systems, maybe even in comparison to the TAG DP?

Did anybody ever listen to / play with auto-correcting equipment, like the TacT (TCS MkII, RCS 2.0S), AudioNet (MAP V2), T+A (PD 1200 R), etc.?

What else is out there?

How are the results compared to a good manual correction on a TAG? I really got curious now.

Cheers,
    Torsten

2. tedy

tedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I made the corrections manually by using the TMREQ wizard ( free version).The automatic results of the wizard where fairly good ,so I used it manually.The results where excellent.You have to use the trial and error method.The best thing is to use Q between 4-10 and then play with G.

3. mailaht

mailaht
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there really nobody who has any experience with AudioNet or TacT room correction? Anybody at least listened to the stuff?

4. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, I posted a similar question a while ago about the Tact system but didnt get any replies either :confused:

5. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi,
    I had a good chance to check TacT couple of times and it definitely works in some way, there are some differences, but I was somehow not so impressed as on TMREQ demos. The reason may be it was always done in two channel and combos playing (TacT-Krell-KEF and TacT-TacT-KEF) might not be the best match available. I am even pretty sure in this. Also in one case I felt some loss on high frequencies, but it might have been listening position, I am not sure.

AudioNET is doing it very simmilar way like TMA does. They even wrote their own software so no need to go for ETF. I unfortunately never had either time or chance to do real comparison on MAPV2 with/without EQ.
    However all Idektron did in the past was done very well, so I am likely to believe it might work fine. It is actually pretty funny and very interesting how lots of options introduced from TMA found simmilar implementation in AudioNET units.

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    TMREQ takes a lot of beating, I gave up bothering adn just sat back and enjoyed.....
    Not bad considering it was knocked up because Steve wanted to see if it could be made to work...... We all know it does......

7. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Graham, I am not sure I get this one :confused:

8. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    We have tried lots of other room EQ programs over the years with some of our difficult studios, TMREQ gave very good results and in that application was No.1.....

Steve conjured up TMREQ, as a "sort of" hobby apparently. I assume Udo was a very happy man when showed what one of his staff did in his spare time......(I'm sure others got involved......).

9. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    didn't know this
    very interesting anyway!