TMREQ - Very Basic Question

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Londonrich, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Londonrich

Londonrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will soon get my AV32 back from the DP upgrade and hence want to get TMREQ setup. I want to ensure I buy the right cables / equipment when I am back in the UK for Christmas.

I was planning to buy the Radioshack SPL meter, and the EFT software. What else do I need - especially the cables (I will run the TMREQ on either my laptop or desktop which ever is easier).

Thanks for your help with this very basic question !

2. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if we could start a thread detailing a non-tech (as much as possible) 'HOW-TO' for calibrating a DP machine ? I am about to do the same upgrade myself and having spoken to cj on the weekend (thanks for the great amp) it would seem that the manual is not obvious in its explanation.

If someone could take some time and trouble to run through the equipment, software, procedure required, things to watch out for etc., based on their own experiences and successes, I am sure we would all very much appreciate the gesture.

Thanks,
    Steve.

3. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second that! The manual is c**p. The latest version of TMREQ and the latest version of the manual are waaaay out of synch with menu items listed in the AV32R and not in the manual and vice versa. I gave up on TMREQ 'cos I was lost and I really don't have the time (or knowledge) to spend hours working it out.

4. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi All,

not had mine upgraded yet :( but hopfully in the new year,

Doesn't the TMREQ wizard make thing easyer,

steve

5. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    In all fairness the TMREQ documentation makes it seem trickier than it actually is. I think this is because it was originally written for v1.0, it describes setting it up without the benefit of the measuring software i.e. ETF. and also entering all the settings manually. TMREQ 2.0 allows you to transfer all the settings via your Tagtronic bus cable which makes life a lot easier.

I did have to buy a "phono to phono coupler" - (2 female phono to 2 female phono), and I needed a couple of "mini-jack to phono" cables to plug into my soundcard.

6. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    spiderv6 - if you don't do the calibration you really won't know what you're missing. My room is purpose built and doesn't have too many compromises (like an odd shape or flimsy walls) but the difference in before and after is amazing. If you don't have the time or the inclination, get out the cheque book and pay tag to come and do it for you - I guarantee it will defer a speaker upgrade for some time to come;)