1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMREQ setup advice

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by UrbanT, Jul 12, 2004.

1. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    I have searched the forum and haven't found any direct advice on setting up the hardware/software for TMREQ.

As I understand it. you need (and I have)
    a) the Tag programming cable
    b) a PC
    c) a sound meter with output socket (I have a Radioshack)

Can someone tell me what leads I now require to connect this together? And do I assume once connected that the ETF5 software is the recommended package?

I know this is basic stuff, I'll start doing some serious reading when I have some time :)

2. christoph

christoph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi urbanT

i could provide you with a pdf called "tmreq case study" and with the "tmreq wizard" if you want to...

just drop me an email or PM with your email adress and i mail those things to you.

greetings
    christoph

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To connect up you need to take the line-out for the left and right channels from the computer (so you may need a 3.5mm jack to phono convertor) and a line-in (again a covertor may be required).

One line out channel (left I think) is taken to an analogue input of the processor. This is then chosen as the input and signal directed to whichever speaker you're testing first. From your SPL meter another phono cable is connected from it's output to the left line in on the PC. This gives you the signal that has been 'changed' by your room.

This needs to be compared to an 'ideal' version of the sgnal. To get this the right line-out is connected straight back to the right line-in.

Now you're ready to start.

To summarise what's needed:
    -enough cable to get from your PC to your processor for one moo channel, and enough to get from the SPL meter at your listening position back to the PC.
    -3.5mm to phono plug adaptors if your PC only has line-in/o on jack plugs rather than phonos.
    -ETF software package (ith the license if possible as this saves a great deal of work by allowing you to export the results straight int the fantastic TMREQWizard to do all the adjustments for you)........

Good Luck!

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    Thanks for the advice guys, and to Christoph for the files.

I think I'm getting the connection idea sorted now, but have a couple of quick ones.

a) I have the connection diagrams from the ETF help file, am I right in thinking that after you have completed the test procedure, you can discounnect the left in to left out, as this no longer has a use?

b) secondly, my sound meter seems to have a similar 1/8" jack to my sound card. Can I just get a run of cable with a jack either end, or does it need to specifically be phono cable, with adapters at each end?

Thanks, Chris