1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMREQ case study rev2

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by lenny, Jul 20, 2004.

1. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :lease: have you the TMREQ case study rev2 part1?
    I recently purchased an AV192R from Sevenoacks, and the TMREQ rev.1 provided with the unit is much less detailed than the rev2 concerning the connection (between the laptop and the AV192R) and settings of the ETF software.

Thank you in advance. Regards. Lenny

2. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

If you sent me your email, I'll sent it to you.

3. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Teejoo, here my e-mail :
    regards.

4. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Still looking for the TMREQ case study rev2. Is there someone who got it? I've read it just before the original Tag web site has been shut down, but since I've not a Tag equipment at that time I did not downloaded it...
    :smashin: thanks for your help!

5. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Lenny, I've just emailed it to your hotmail account

Hope it helps
    Chris

6. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you very much Chris. I did not received it yet (the internet is very slow sometimes), but as soon as I got it I'll inform you.

Regards,
    Leo

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Of course you could ask the helpdesk I suppose?

8. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Graham,

I already asked several times to the IAG helpdesk: they simply ignore the request... :(
    That's the reason I'm boring you with this TMREQ case study rev2 (I need only the part 1)....

Good morning Chris, the file isn't arrived yet. That's strange...
    Have you got a message that it is too big for my mailbox? If it is the case I'll provide you with my work e-mail... regards.

Lenny

9. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I wonder what happened to the idea that the AVforums admin chap would put these little gems on this site so we could all get at them, mostly via Udo?
    I've also got these things somewhere on our sever but they are always to big to attach to a PM here, as far as I can remember the files are over 1Mb so hotmail won't take them.

10. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is unfair to say that the Helpdesk 'ignored' your request, we can only answer emails that we receive. :nono:

11. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Graham, I think you are referring to me.

I am currently trying to construct a basic web page about my own HC. It is only amateurish and I did state it was going to take me about a month to complete, its still some time off.

I can't become the world resource for these files, but I am happy to host them for the forum and see how it goes. If its over used, I suspect the ISP might be on the phone :)

I'll keep you informed as to how its going

Chris

QUOTE=GrahamMG]I wonder what happened to the idea that the AVforums admin chap would put these little gems on this site so we could all get at them, mostly via Udo?
    I've also got these things somewhere on our sever but they are always to big to attach to a PM here, as far as I can remember the files are over 1Mb so hotmail won't take them.[/QUOTE]

12. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi roversd1,

ok may be you've understood I'm Italian, but not all the Italians are unfair ;)

More seriously: I sent them the first mail on April the 15th: no answer at all. The second was on Mai the 14th: they answered that they were looking for it and that they were ready to help me by phone. A quick remind was send on mid June (I haven't the date because I've not kept a copy of that mail). I'm still waiting.

Am I unfair?

Regards.

Lenny

13. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  14. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Udo it's an honor to me to get that file from you. Regards.

Lenny

15. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm getting started in connecting with my beloved AV192R.

I would like to save its current configuration, starting playing with the TMREQ (one of the main reasons for which I invested in it), and, in the next fall install the 4.31 software upgrade (I've the 4.10 installed).

I decided to keep it simple and start from saving my current configuration. So I tried to connect with my AV192R via the connection cable provided with the unit (trough the front panel flap) and using my laptop an IMB T41 running on batteries (trough a real RS232 port without any emulator running on an USB port). I was trying to save the AV's configuration with the User Settings Back up. Once I lunched the back up, the program told me that the AV192R was not responding. Have you :lease: any idea on what might be the cause of that?

Regards,

Lenny

16. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Lenny, although this might not be the cause, but have you made sure that you connected the AV192R Upgrade cable after you had powered up the AV192R?

17. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
  18. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes Udo I've been very carefully in keeping the AV192 switched on, otherwise it will go in the "new OS acquisition mode"...

Miron and Spectre I confirm the link not working. Spectre : are you going to put the Udo's file on that link? If not, where can I find it?

Regards.

19. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Don't you have to use the proper TAG upgrade cable (i.e. the one that goes in the rear via RJ45 port) to back up and use TMREQ? I wasn't aware that it worked via the front port on the 3.5mm jack, at least it didn't for me ages ago when I tried it so I just used the old RJ45 lead which always works....

20. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Graham,

I hope this is not the case : what for the connection on the front flap then? Furthermore I would be obliged to purchase the 80£ cable...

Enjoy your vacations pull the plug for a while. Regards.

21. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Guys,

Using the front panel RS232 connection is fine with the backup app. Try the folllowing:
    1. Go into hyper terminal, configure the connection as 115K, 8bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control. Make sure any tagtronic cables are disconnected from the rear of the unit (eg. amps, T32R, DVD32R etc.).

2. When hyper terminal is connected, move the volume control up and down on the front of the unit. This should generate lots of messages on the bus which will appear as encoded data in hyper terminal.

3. If (2) doesn't work then try switching off all power management features in your PC. When on battery mode serial ports can be put into sleep mode to save power and can be very non-compliant.

4. If (2) does work then you know you have comms. Contact the IAG helpdesk and get the latest version of the backup app, this may help things.

Good luck!

22. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I'll stick to the old programming lead, far less grief :D Thing is that it updates software fine via the front panel but never has backed up or TMREQ'd via it....It didn't bother me as I had the rear cable and it worked fine so just put it down to weird combinations of laptop etc.....maybe I'll investigate with your ideas now I know it is supposed to work but then sunshine beckons...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

23. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,402
    Apologies but the server doesn't like zip files so I have uploaded the unzipped PDF and fixed the link. There wasn't that much difference in size, anyway.

24. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Lenny, the version Udo posted is the same I mailed you. Actually do not know any other version. :confused:

25. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys,

even the file coming from Udo is the old revision! I've not dreamed, I printed the rev2 just before the Tag Site was shut down and I've a hard copy of the parts going from 2 upto 7... Even the down load from Tag was separated into independent parts. I'll provide you with the date of downloading, but simply it seems that file disappeared!
    I'm going to scan some pages and post them in zip format to show you as they look as soon I come back from vacations.

regards,

Leo.

26. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Leo, if you point out the differences, i.e. a way to detect version 2, then I will look if I have another version of the file. I only vaguely remember a second version but admit that I forgot what was different.

27. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Copied Udo,

I'll try to do it this evening as soon I come back to home. This can save us 5 weeks...
    On the forum "TMREQ the easy way" there are also interesting questions regarding the use of the new TMREQwizard... Is that a sign of a need of clarification for all the pieces of software around the AV32R DP or AV192R concerning the TMREQ and the different users applications (Eg.: TMAback up, TMREQwizard 2.21 and upgradewizard2.25)?
    regards.

Leonardo

28. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Udo,

I think I know what Lenny means. I though it was not a real case study, but more a HTML based discription about wizard V2 in the club page. So not a PDF. I think it was John's.

29. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good morning Udo and all of you interested in this topic. As agreed, here some more information on how to recognize the upgraded revision of the TMREQ.

The main differences between the two versions are the following:

1) the upgraded revision was spited in chapters (called parts). Each part was an independent file that was possible to download independently from each other. The chapters was : part I "getting the tools together" containing more than 10 pages; part II "the test case" with 5 pages; part III " overlay plots make our task simpler" 7 pages; part IV "time response" 2 pages; part V: Correcting room resonances can affect speaker calibration" 1 page; part VI "left front speaker" 6 pages; part VII "The front left speaker's target curve" 6 pages; part VIII "Let's check the bass-limited left front speaker with subwoofer" 2 pages.

2) the content of the part I "getting the tools together" was very different from the file we got now. In particular it was much more detailed on how to connect all the devices together and on how to configure ETF. This was the reason for which this part was of about 10 pages instead of the three pages on the document we have.

3) On the top of the first page of each part there is the TMREQ curve (as for the very first page of the document we got) with the name of the part.

I printed the 8 parts on March the 3rd 2004 from the link http://www.tragmclaren.com/products/av192R
    The files where numbered from 1 to 8. Ex. the part 5 was downloaded from the link http://www.tragmclaren.com/products/av192R and had the name Tmreqcasestudy5.asp. So at the bottom of the page it is written: http://www.tragmclaren.com/products/av192R/Tmreqcasestudy5.asp

Since all the parts from 2 to 8 are identical to the file we got the only file we should look for is Tmreqcasestudy1.asp

Hoping that could help in your research Udo.

Regards,

Leonardo

30. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have searched my files and cant find the 2cnd version - must have been put up just before the 'change' whilst I was out of the country.

What I have found is;

TMREQWizard v2.1 Feb 2004 dont know about version 2.21
    Upgrade Wizard v2.25
    TMABackup v1.1

hope this helps
    Russ