TMPGENC DVD Author 1.5 problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danny-p, Jun 6, 2004.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When using TMPGENC DVD Author 1.5 i am having a problem where i cannot access the burning tool.
    After the dvd i've created has been outputted and i then try and burn it to dvd r i get the following message when i try and open the write dvd folder within the tools menu:-

ERROR STARTING PROGRAM (HEADING) A REQUIRED .DLL FILE,PSAPI.DLL WAS NOT FOUND
    Can anyone please help?
    Thanks
    Danny-p

2. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got this reply from the publisher

Dear DANNY,

Thank you for your mail.

I think your OS might be WIndows 9X or Windows ME, unfortunately they can not support TMPGEnc DVD Author.

If you use WinNT SP1 to WinNT SP4, it is generated. Please renew OS. (In OS
    since WinNT SP5, psapi.dll is default and exists. ),as Windows 2000, or Windows
    XP, but they are the same situation about this. Others OS previous of Windows
    2000, we don't support cause they don't correspond with our system requirement
    of TMPGEnc DVD Author. At this case, you need to use other burning software for
    burning your DVD.

Best regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Pegasys Inc.
    Support Section

Son of a bitch!!!! so i need to shell out £60+ just to get burning tools to burn...f*** that!!!!
    Dont remember reading anywhere that it wont work on win98
    Totally stuck now!!
    When i used this software on my mates xp pc all i did was double click and it was already set to burn...On my computer if i have to use another burning software then i'm stuck as how to burn the files and which files to burn :lease: or do i just drag the whole folder containing your footage and hit burn :eek:

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    If you use a burning programme such as Nero then you can use the DVD Video wizard to create disks from the files you have outputted from TMPG Enc Author. Such wizards will automatically create the VIDEO_TS folder and will prevent you copying incompatible files across. Accordingly you can just select the entire contents of the VIDEO_TS folder that TMPG Enc Author created and drag them across.

Have to say I surprised TMPG Enc Author works at all under Windows 9x. Most such users have found that it simply won't work.

4. markd

markd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You could try using ImgTool Classic www.coujo.de to create an ISO image from the files created by TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Then, use DVD Decrypter www.dvddecrypter.com to burn the ISO image.

Both of these tools are free.

ImgTool Burn can do it all in one go but I think you will need to have Nero installed as it uses the Nero API for burning. If you have Nero installed, then you may as well use that as Rasczak suggests.

5. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for that info but i've managed to get hold of a cheap xp (ebay) and have installed it.

6. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Ive now upgraded my OS to XP and all is working fine now :smashin:

BUT.... when i play back the finished article on my dvd player the MOTION menu's are loud and the video's i've archived are very quiet in comparison :confused:
    Surely they should be the same volume as after all they are both video's and have ac-3 audio?
    The video's i've used are from the windows 98 converting of ram data (which shouldn't work at all) and the video's ive used are from ram disks using xp...Could it simply be this?
    Thanks and i look forward to your replies.
    Danny

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Yes. There was probably a Master Record volume level in one of the applications (or that they took from Windows settings) that differed between your two set-ups. If possible just re-convert one of the tracks.

8. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without sounding too stupid..How do i re-convert the tracks? Its music video's from sky+ i'v saved on ram disks and am transferring them onto dvd-r's via TMPGENC DVD Author 1.5.

Within the chapter menu's i came accross the motion option, once selected and then burnt to dvd-r all worked fine except the AC-3 audio on the motion menu's wasn't audiable...After downloading the AC-3 pack all worked fine except the menu's are the same volume as the original (sky+) but the chapters/video's are almost half the volume :confused:

So how do i re-encode them to gain all of the chapters at full volume?
    Thanks in advance.
    Danny-p

9. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got this reply from the publishers......................................................................................

Dear Danny-p,

Thank you for your mail.

You wrote:

> Following your mail informing me that my OS was incompatible with
    TMPGenc dvd Author 1.5 i have since upgraded to XP Pro and all works fine
    editing, motion menu's writing tool etc and AC-3 Audio on my interactive menu's.
    > Basically i have recorded music video's from sky+ using DVD-Ram disks then
    using my LG multi format DVD recorder i've successfully edited them via TMPGenc
    Dvd Author 1.5 with the AC-3 add on file and used each music video as a chapter
    and using the motion menu enabled one of the music video's as the menu's
    background enabling the correct audio to work via the AC-3 encoder.
    > The only problem i have is once i have finished burning my new dvd then i play
    it back on my household dvd player all plays fine as expected except the audio
    on the interactive menu's are normal volume (same as sky+ source) and the
    created dvd chapters (all the music video's) are half the volume of the menu's
    which is really strange and confusing as they are the same source?
    >
    > What i'm having to do is up the volume a lot when playing back each video then
    forgetting about the high level of volume when i return to the menu's or normal
    television usage?
    > How do i prevent the music video's losing their volume once burnt? The menus
    dont lose any volume.
    >
    The problem is whether your audio source file format is AC3.

Make sure also that the BGM in you menu has been re-encoded in VOB file which
    included motion menu, after your DVD Authoring, and it keep the same format as
    it source.

Otherwise, if your audio in chapter has been encoded on AC3 format also, it
    means the audio in your chapter and motion menu are the same content, but
    different file and formatted, so depending on your DVD player, the decoder for
    these 2 format, MP2 and AC3 might via chip different, and the different volume
    do totally reasonable.

Best regards,

Pegasys Inc.
    (Hifan Lim)
    Support Section

10. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, still havent resolved the problem so if anyone can still help?
    Thanks
    Danny

11. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Hi,

There are various tools around for playing with all the video components - not for the faint hearted as it's faily complex. But in a nutshell - First you need to demux the VOB into it's seperate MPG and either AC3 or MP2 streams - use VOBEDIT for this (see below for where you can get them..)

Once you have the streams, then you need to modify the audio stream with a tool such as 'besweet' to alter the gain etc. If it's a MP2 then you can import it into TMPGenc (encoder) itself (without the video) unlock the template, alter the normalisation factor and it will do all this for you. This doesn't work with AC3's though. There are AC3 tools at the site below as well.

Once you've done this - then you need to mux back the streams to re-create the vobs - use something like IFOEDIT to do this or your fav authoring program.

As I said - not easy but unless your authoring package allows you to alter the level of sound then I can think of no other way.

Remember that AC3 by nature has a slightly lower volume than MP2 or PCM due to it's increased dynamic range.

Good Luck.

Sites to help (I hope this OK to post mods...)

videohelp.com & doom9.org

12. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, i'm gonna have a try and i'll keep you posted with the progress.

13. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Danny-p,

Thank you for your mail.

You wrote:

> I wrote:
    > > Once my Dvd-ram disks have been edited using TMPGenc dvd Author 1.5 with
    AC-3 plug in and all my motion menu's have been created using the same files
    then the files burnt via the writing tool within TMPGenc Dvd Author 1.5 onto a
    blank dvd-r then i have the following problem:
    > : The menu (motion video) volume is perfect/ no loss of volume therefore it is
    identical in all ways to the original dvd ram data....BUT....The created dvd
    chapters (music video's from sky+ cable) volume is about a third of the
    originals volume...
    > I have just done a test by authoring 1 music video and having the same file as
    my motion menu and as my chapter and the exact results were gained...The video
    chapter almost silent and the menu's as they were originally on cable?
    > You said:
    > The problem is whether your audio source is AC-3?
    > >
    > It is dolby digital 2.0/2.1 and some are dolby prologic 2.
    > I've set within the options environmental settings all of the options sound
    wise to enabled..so all audio sources will be converted to AC-3.
    >
    > But its costing me quite alot as i'm going through dvd -r's fast...
    > You also said:
    > Otherwise, if your audio in chapter has been encoded in AC-3 format also it
    means that the audio in your motion menu's and chapter menu's are the same
    > >
    > True, but how do i re-encode the chapters only, using the AC-3 plug in?
    > Please can you describe step by step how / what i need to do to correct this
    niggle?
    > PS.. i've tried all 20+ of my finished/ useless dvd's on 8 different dvd
    players and all symptoms are identical so this should rule out chipset
    differentials.
    > In a worse case scenario i could maybe forward you one of my music video's
    (virus checked) and you could try and set it as the motion menu and as the
    chapter?
    > Thanks and i look forward to your reply

In fact, the problem is that your source format "It is dolby digital 2.0/2.1 and
    some are dolby prologic 2". For TMPGEnc AC3 Plug-in, when you are using source
    files with AC-3 audio, for instance, files made from a DVD-recorder or MPEG
    files, you can re-encode the AC-3 audio, but AC-3 with 5.1 channels or other
    multi-channel sources cannot be re-encoded.

But for your BGM, it need to be re-encode to it menu .VOB file, the audio format
    in it is Linear PCM. So if you want the same audio as your BGM, you can do it by
    re-encode your audio data in your chapter.

In the "Source setup" window, on it left block, you can see "Track list", for
    change it settings by "Settings" button, so you can change the "Audio format"
    setting in "Track settings" windows. For re-encode your audio in it track, you
    need just to change "Compression Format" of Audio Format in "Linear PCM". you
    can have a same volume as your BGM.

So in short, audio is perfect on both BGM on menu's and most importantly the dvd's chapters/video's.
    To cure the original fault i selected linear PCM in the audio's setting menu.
    Cheers
    Danny-p