TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4

Bob++

I just downloaded a trial of this program and it converted my .mts from my Panny SD700 into a .VOB that would happily play in Media Player pretty quickly. (It was a short clip though)

There are some editing tools - Menu, transitions, etc that i didn't try yet.

The full version is $80 so I wondered if anyone else had experience of it before I invest my hardearned.

Bob++

Still using the trial - I have successfully burned a clip to DVD which played happily in my DVD player.

I have never done any editing before so it takes me a while but i will now try to add music and subtitles.

Kookaburra

Standard Member
I have the TMPGenc 3 version. Works very well, but despite all the possibilities it offers the final DVD does not look any better than what my Video editing programme does. DVD's are not HD, and are more or less museum articles. I only ever burn one for sending to friends overseas, but for viewing on your HDTV there are far better methods. Nero does a good job too, but has the annoying habit of converting everything, even if you have already converted it.

Bob++

I have the TMPGenc 3 version. Works very well, but despite all the possibilities it offers the final DVD does not look any better than what my Video editing programme does. DVD's are not HD, and are more or less museum articles. I only ever burn one for sending to friends overseas, but for viewing on your HDTV there are far better methods. Nero does a good job too, but has the annoying habit of converting everything, even if you have already converted it.

Version 4 will burn BR as well. I just want a simple editor that will do the job on an antique computer.

Kookaburra

Standard Member
Version 4 will burn BR as well. I just want a simple editor that will do the job on an antique computer.

I'm not quite sure what "job" you want to do - edit or just burn? For editing the popular programs are Corel Video Studio, Pinnacle, Magix, Adobe. With any of these programs you can burn a DVD after editing, you don't need a separate program for burning.

Bob++

I'm not quite sure what "job" you want to do - edit or just burn? For editing the popular programs are Corel Video Studio, Pinnacle, Magix, Adobe. With any of these programs you can burn a DVD after editing, you don't need a separate program for burning.

OK::) I am a novice at this but I want to be able to edit (join files, slice files, add transitions, etc; add music or commentary, and an opening menu). Having done this I want to burn the result onto BR or DV for playing on various TV setups.

Kookaburra

Standard Member
OK. Since I'm the only one on this thread you will only have my view, and here it is for better or worse.
Forget about TMPGenc. You don't need it. I personally use Corel, but the simplest software for editing HD video is probably Magix Video Studio Delux. Not that it's all that easy. It'll take you while to learn. You don't need anything else, except patience and perserverence. It will take you through the three steps capture, edit, and burn. I know nothing about BluRay because I don't use it. For showing your videos on your HDTV you don't neeed to burn a disc. Much better is a media player, such as Western Digital.

senu

Distinguished Member
I kind of agree with kookaburra but one other aspect to software is the "how you get on with it"

I used ver 3 if TMPGeng but I dont like it on principle because of periodic on-line verification
Im fine with one time "activation " but to need periodic verification is like purchasing software and needing the author access yo you PC regularly...:nono:
Suppose you use a PC which is mostly not connected to the internet?

Back on track however it is less of an all in one solution like the Magixs, Corel ect ( and there are others:pinnacle Vegas MS all very good
Burning BD requires a BD burner and Media but even Nero supports that

What is true is that "simple" editing, AVCHD and antique computer dont sit happily in the same sentence:D

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom