TMPG Enc Author 1.5 & ac3 encoder plug-in?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danny-p, Jun 5, 2004.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've just installed My LG GSA-4040B dvd drive and it plays back original dvd's and created dvd ram disks fine via power dvd (bundled with the LG).
    I've just purchased the TMPG Enc Author 1.5 & ac3 encoder plug-in and installed and activated via license numbers etc and i'm having mega problems :confused:
    Basically it wont recognise ram disks for some reason :confused: when i place in an original dvd (snake eyes) then when i go "Add dvd video" then i hear it reading the disk and a "select video_TS / DVD RTAV folder" screen automatically comes up whic allows me to select " video_ts" and then a list of titles come up comprising the dvd.
    Once my dvd -ram disk is inserted then i click "add dvd video" then after a few seconds a "browse for video" box comes up :confused:
    When i then search foer the LG's drive (D: drive) and select D: a message comes up with "file D:\video_ts.ifo can not be opened" :lease: can anyone please help me regarding this problem.?
    Thanks for reading this and i await your replies.
    Danny-p

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Have your tried copying the whole contents of the RAM disk to your HDD (in Windows) and trying again from that location?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand from your description where the process differs from what is 'normal'. When you click ADD DVD VIDEO a browse for window should come up - you select the DVD_RTAV folder on the RAM disk and click 'OK'. Isn't that happening?

3. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have that option i'm afraid :confused: Basically it wont recognise ram disks for some reason :confused:

Once my dvd -ram disk is inserted then i click "add dvd video" then after a few seconds a "browse for video" box comes up instead of the folder containing the Video ts properties etc...so When i then search foer the LG's drive (D: drive) and select D: a message comes up with "file D:\video_ts.ifo can not be opened" :confused: and wont read the ram disk :confused:

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Understood. Your problem is not with TMPG Enc Author - it is a problem with the driver for your LG DVD writer. By default the drive is only dual format - you need to install the DVD-RAM driver seperately in order to use these disks. Check the drivers CD you should have got with the drive/computer.

5. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed another wierd happening...When i place an original dvd into my LG drive and go to MY COMPUTER after a few seconds accessing a little logo with the dvd's appears over the D: shortcut confirming that the LG has read the dvd correctly with no errors.
    When i do the same again with the DVD RAM Disk nothing happens at all :confused:
    But if i open power dvd and hit play the dvd ram disk plays back fine :confused:
    Totally stuck.

6. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Will do that now..Sorry about this...I'll be 2 mins

7. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason a REMOVEABLE DISK D: has now appeared on MY COMPUTER after installing the ram driver :confused:
    And when i try and find the DVD_RTAV folder it aint there :confused: so for some reasons the symptoms are identical :confused:

8. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    That's normal.

And that's not. Can you access the drive at all in Windows XP? What is the error message you see when you try to access the drive?

You might be best posting a request for help in the PC GUIDE sticky thread - more LG 4040 users (quite a popular drive) are likely will 'see' your post then.

9. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right....I,ve tried using the new REMOVEABLE D:DRIVE within TMPG Enc Author 1.5 and it worked!!
    Thanks for all your help :smashin:
    Instead of having drives A: C: D: & E I now have A: C: REMOVEABLE D: E: AND F:...Is this normal?
    Thanks again :smashin:

10. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Depends upon your setup. Your probably best asking in one of the PC forums here on AV Forums with regard to that. Is F: drive non existant? If so I'm sure somewhere there can provide advice on how to get rid of it.

11. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've now managed to work it out...I have a floppy(A) HDD(C) REMOVEABLE DVD-RAM DRIVE(D) DVD DRIVE-LG (E) AND PLEXTOR R/RW (F).
    Thanks alot pal :smashin:
    Danny-p