1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMA1 opinion needed

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by ThomsonBill35, Feb 2, 2004.

1. ThomsonBill35

ThomsonBill35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of getting a TMA1 for my system.

Has any body got one and hows does it integrate with a AV32

Thanks for your help in advance.

Glad I have found this forum as the Tag one is very empty.

Bill

2. ThomsonBill35

ThomsonBill35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any body?

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    is it out yet? I've seen the promo stuff on the Tag web site but I read about the scaler years ago and that still isn't around :(

I would also be interested to know how much it is, is it out and how well does it work?

4. ThomsonBill35

ThomsonBill35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so, I am expecting a dealer to give me a call tomorrow.

He did not have cost or time scales for delivery.

I might ring the help line tomorrow if i get a chance busy with a new network at work so this will take most of the day.

MS exchange and win 2k servers a nightmare waiting to happen moving from novel as it is dying we are planning a 2003 upgrade later in the year if it is stable.

anyway back to the point I thought other might know or have one and seen how it worked, I think it works like the AV192R does but I canot get a user manual yet to check.

Bill

5. ThomsonBill35

ThomsonBill35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so, I am expecting a dealer to give me a call tomorrow.

He did not have cost or time scales for delivery.

I might ring the help line tomorrow if i get a chance busy with a new network at work so this will take most of the day.

MS exchange and win 2k servers a nightmare waiting to happen moving from novel as it is dying we are planning a 2003 upgrade later in the year if it is stable.

anyway back to the point I thought others might know or have one and seen how it worked, I think it works like the AV192R does but I canot get a user manual yet to check.

Bill

6. Mkenyon

Mkenyon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any specific info on the TMA-1 but I have been using the RS232/IR Controller in the AV192R for about 9 months now and I wouldn't want to be without it. I posted on the TAGMcLaren.com forum a couple of weeks ago with some details of how I have used it to provide integrated control of my system. You can read it in the "TMA-1 and RS232/IR Controller Thread".

From what I have read about the TMA-1 it seems to provide exactly the same facilities as the AV192R option. It simply connects to the AV32R DP via the TAG bus.

Mike

7. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I asked the Helpdesk about the TMA-1 price, £995 - ouch! Handy to have, but I'll make do with my Pronto for the time being.