TM5402 with V box super jack/lynux box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by daione2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. daione2

daione2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With apologies to Pedro, can someone help a complete dodo when it comes to the techy stuff. In my living room I have a TM5402 HD CI + a V box (superjack) that moves my motorised dish and I can pick up most of the main satellites. The multi lead from the motor on the dish (1.2m) and the first of a duo LNB feed comes through the living room wall (I live in a 1st floor flat with a flat roof frontage that allows me to stand the dish just a few metres away) and is coupled up to the V box which in turn sends a feed (a short LNB type cable) to the TM5402. My bedroom is next door and the object of the second feed from the Dish LNB, (through the bedroom wall) which at the moment has the new TM-500 super Linux box that I bought. The TV in this room is a Samsung 32" smart TV, and initial try out of the Tm500 gave me the Hotbird satellite which picked up about 300 + channels and Amazonia,? (although ain't tried to add further satellites by moving the dish until I have had the benefit of you guys wisdom on the best way forward. In simple terms, please I got me bus pass a few years ago! Because I can access my internet through my Wi Fi router (which sits in the living room next to the TV) on the Smart TV I wonder if there is a simple way of using that to move the dish from the bedroom. I take on board what good advice Pedro offered and I'm grateful but the brain cells just ain't cutting it for me at the moment to swap the receivers around, especially when it comes to the V box. Help please.

2. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,176
    As per your last thread, put the Linux box in the living room connected to the vbox, then relegate the 5402 to the bedroom. The Linux box can be controlled by web interface or app on a tablet/phone to move the dish.

If you don't want to swap the receivers then distribute the video output from the 5402 to the bedroom and use that to move the dish.

Any specific questions let us know.

3. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,085
    You could run a lead from the 5402's loop out to the 500 & leave the V box connection in place on the 5402, [go into the 5402's MENU/ System Settings / Front Display & flip the Standby Mode to Normal].

Once you put the 5402 in standby, the 500 will then have complete control of the 1.2m 36v motorised, using the 5402 1st, send the dish to each satellite & make a note of each position stored on the V Box [the number displayed on the v box] & when you set up each satellite on the 500, use those diiseqc 1.2 position numbers so you are not setting it all up again.

The 500 has a loop through too so you could swap them round in the future & they'll both still work putting the 500 on standby then.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015