TM 6900HD - Timer problem

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I have my new TM 6900 connected to a DVD recorder and all I want is for the 6900 to change the channel for me when I'm not there.

For example: I may want to record 2 or more different satellite channels while I'm away.
I can set my recorder but need the 6900 to change the satellite channels at the required times.

Anyway - to test out the Timer I set it on Friday night and found it hadn't hadn't worked at all when I checked Saturday morning.
I double checked that the settings and the clock/date were correct and they were :confused:

I had another go last night and set it to go to a channel from 7:00am to 12:00am
When I checked the recording I found it did change to the set channel but not until 8:22 :mad:

I've already returned a TM 6800 because it kept freezing channels. The TM 6900 is fine in that regard but is no use to me if it won't change channels :(

PS - It's got the latest software upgrade.

Help Pleeeeese

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Possibly sorted.

I'd been going into the EPG > Timer option on P35 of the manual but now realise there is a Timer menu available via the USB heading in the Menu.

logiciel

Interesting - I don't think there's that option on the 6800.
Out of further interest why do you record to a recorder rather than, more simply, direct to a hard disk or USB stick with the times set from the EPG or manually, which also gets you HD recordings?

Steve N

Distinguished Member
....... Out of further interest why do you record to a recorder rather than, more simply, direct to a hard disk or USB stick .......
Purely for the ease of editing, and habit :rolleyes: Also it's all SD stuff at the moment.

If I can find some HD channels I'll have to look at other options but for now I'm camped on Hotbird.
Since my Echostar died I'm without a positioner :(

I don't think there is any fta HD on Hotbird - Is there ?

Ghostleader

Purely for the ease of editing, and habit :rolleyes: Also it's all SD stuff at the moment.

If I can find some HD channels I'll have to look at other options but for now I'm camped on Hotbird.
Since my Echostar died I'm without a positioner :(

I don't think there is any fta HD on Hotbird - Is there ?
No, no free to air HD stuff but some of the Eurosport HD's go free to air alot due to this & that. Use to be one though, M2 HD, I think it was Hungarian in origin.:smashin:

logiciel

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Could you detail how you get to it?
Go to Menu
Bottom of left list is USB, go to USB and this opens list on right hand side. At bottom of this list is Timer, click on Timer then window opens that allows you to set Date, Time, Channel etc

Nothing in the User Manual though, except a vague reference on P42 I think, in office at moment so can't check.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Go to Menu
..........except a vague reference on [-]P42[/-] I think, ...
Vague reference is actually on P46.

I set the timer to change the channel twice during the day.
the first worked spot on, the second was 1hr 25 min late. Should have kicked in at 12:00, actually changed at 13:25 :mad:

My old Echostar may have come out of the ark but the timer worked flawlessly :(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom