1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TLP MT3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kitch, Jun 9, 2001.

1. Kitch

Kitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Check out www.A-V.co.uk you will find a few specs. & price for this new baby !

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Kitch ]

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    What....no componant imput :eek:

Cheers
    Tim

3. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This thread caught my eye because I had been considering the Toshiba MT1 as it's had a couple of reasonable reviews and I guess this is the replacement.

Has anybody seen any reviews for the MT3?

I notice from the specs that it has its own line doubler, so can I assume that the MT3 is basically the same as the MT1 but with this extra feature?

Does anybody (Gordon or Chris Frost) know how good the internal line doubler is and how much better the picture is than the MT1?

Sam

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been looking at this too, but when i posted, no one answered so im guessing that no one knows anymore about it than i do! Which is next to nothing!

Adam

5. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +610
    the MT1 has a built in line doubler , the 2 major differences are the contrast on the mt3 is 400:1 as opposed to 300:1 mt1
    and 85o lumens mt3 700 lumens mt1

6. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I`m interested in the MT 3 too, did you notice it says 4000 hour lamp life? I got a quote for a replacement bulb today, £322+vat wow. Not sure info on this page is true re some of the specs.

7. cg999

cg999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the MT3 and this is the first that I've heard of a line doubler either on any of the specks I read online (I read many) or in the manual that came with the projector. Although the manual was written by a three year old so that may not be any indication.

HCC reviews of both the MT1 and MT3 and What Vid&Hi-Fi's review of the MT3 did not mention a line doubler.

I doubt if this projector has a built-in line doubler, but if it does, is there any way that I can check.

The lamp life is rated at 2000 hours (according to toshiba) although I have seen one or two sellers stating 4000...who are you gonna believe?

Conor