Tivo - Widescreen help

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by PhillV, May 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. PhillV

PhillV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having recently purchsed a Tivo machine I am experiencing a problem with the machine. I have spoken with the technical help people at Tivo, who are still to get back with me with a definative answer, so I would appreciate you help with this.

If I am viewing live TV or a Tivo recording, if the ratio of the transfmission alters, 16:9 to 4:3 or vice versa, my Tosh widescreen does not alter the ratio, and I have to alter it manually. The NTL cable box I have is set up correctly, as if I watch TV directly from the cable box, the TV autoswitches ratio. Additionally the Tivo does have the most up to date software installed.

Tivo spoke with me last night and stated that they were getting conflicting info, some of Tivos techies say that it should auto switch the ratio, some say it doesn't. Can anyone let me know what should happen.

2. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    There is a delay with the latest version of software when the aspect ration changes. It can take up to 20 seconds to change from the prvious setting to the correct one.

It definitely should autoswitch. How long have you left it before you change it manually?

EffTee