Tivo versus Humax PVR

Cocacola

I've had my TiVo box for a few years now and quite happy with it. What I am not happy with is the cost of phone line rental to be able to use the TiVo when we don't actually use the house phone.
I was thinking of ditching the TiVo and the house phone and just having Virgin broadband. I believe this will only cost me £25pm instead of £45-50pm I am currently paying.
I was wondering how the Humax PVRs compare to the TiVo.
Has anyone got an views on the Humax HDR 2000t compared to the TiVo.
Humax HDR2000T 500GB | Freeview+ HD Box 500GB Hard Drive PVR | Richer Sounds

Ernie_C

I've had my TiVo box for a few years now and quite happy with it. What I am not happy with is the cost of phone line rental to be able to use the TiVo when we don't actually use the house phone.
I was thinking of ditching the TiVo and the house phone and just having Virgin broadband. I believe this will only cost me £25pm instead of £45-50pm I am currently paying.
I was wondering how the Humax PVRs compare to the TiVo.
Has anyone got an views on the Humax HDR 2000t compared to the TiVo.
Humax HDR2000T 500GB | Freeview+ HD Box 500GB Hard Drive PVR | Richer Sounds
Who told you that you needed a phone line for TiVo to work? You don't.

The Humax presumeably requires you to have a roof top aerial to deliver the TV which will only be Freeview channels.

Perhaps you have a more fundamental question to answer about your TV viewing habits?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The TiVo is a PVR that needs a Virgin Media cable subscription. The two items are not comparable. The TiVo is a cable STB and the Humax is a Freeview box with PVR capabilities.

Do you want Freeview or do you want Virgin Media cable?

Cocacola

I would be quite happy with Freeview on the Humax. I have an LG Smart TV.
I'm just looking for something to record programmes to, like the TiVo does.
Just rang VM and they have quoted me £44.49 for BB and TiVo box Medium TV.
Apparently with my customer loyalty discount I am only paying £40pm at present.
We also have a digital aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom