Tivo users, what freeview STB are you using ?

TylerDurden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The freeview STB that I use with my Tivo (a netgem iplayer) has died since retuning it yesterday. I'm trying to find a replacement that can be used with my Tivo. I've found the list on TivoPortal.co.uk but they all seem to be years old and not currently available.

Can anyone suggest a STB that is currently available that works with the Tivo ?

i have a spare Netgem i-player that is going spare if you'd like it. send me a message if you're interested

i retuned and got 101 channels fine yesterday on my other iplayer and i assume the same will happen with that one. what symptons are you getting?

Cheers

Simon

Last edited:
i have a spare Netgem i-player that is going spare if you'd like it. send me a message if you're interested

i retuned and got 101 channels fine yesterday on my other iplayer and i assume the same will happen with that one. what symptons are you getting?

Cheers

Simon

Welcome to the forum Simon.

Please note that any transactions must be conducted in the Classified section for the protection of all concerned.

The freeview STB that I use with my Tivo (a netgem iplayer) has died since retuning it yesterday. I'm trying to find a replacement that can be used with my Tivo. I've found the list on TivoPortal.co.uk but they all seem to be years old and not currently available.

Can anyone suggest a STB that is currently available that works with the Tivo ?

Do you require one with an RF modulator for a dual Satellite / Freeview set-up or just Scart output?

Owner of two Tivi.

Cheers

Simon

It retunes all the channels and then hangs on tuning of ITV4, a reboot doesn't pick up those channels and requires a retune

Do you require one with an RF modulator for a dual Satellite / Freeview set-up or just Scart output?

Owner of two Tivi.

Its just to allow my Tivo to record from freeview channels and be connected (via scart) to my TV for viewing

The Sony box now discontinued but available on a certain auction site is the current choice on TiVo Community at the moment. But any of the Vestel clones should work fine.

Whats the deal with the RF modulator, I'm going to buy a Philips DTR220 which I think I read doesn't use/have RF modulator but a RF loop only, will that cause a problem ?

No unless you want dual Satellite / Freeview set-up.

Re the Philips have you searched the site I linked too? I seem to remember there were some issues with that Philips model and TiVo.

No unless you want dual Satellite / Freeview set-up.

Re the Philips have you searched the site I linked too? I seem to remember there were some issues with that Philips model and TiVo.

Well I got the Philips in the end, so far it been fine :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom