I thought it would be a good idea to list some tips and tricks for Virgin Media's TiVo. Feel free to add your own suggestions below, and I will edit this first post so that they are all in one place!
- To quickly delete a recording from My Shows or elesewhere press *clear*.
- To quickly play a recording press *play*.
- To jump to the bottom of lists press skip *->|*.
- To scroll page up/down use channel up/down.
- Press and hold *Power* button turns your TV on or off.
- Press and hold *Text* to change AV source on your TV - note may not work on all TV sets.
- Whilst in TV guide or elsewhere pressing *Slow* will remove the mini TV in the corner.
- Press *OK* to bring up the mini guide, use up/down to navigate and note that channel up/down will scroll the page.
- To jump to the end of a recording or playback press and hold *->|* and to jump to the beginning press and hold *|<-*.
- Pressing *->|* mulitiple times will queue in 30 second increments.
- Whilst fastwording pressing *->|* will jump to the next white bar.
- Pressing *Info* and then scrolling down to the 3 R's will allow you to see what is on each tuner, where you can select each one and change the channel, each tuner will keep a one hour buffer, perfect if you want to keep and eye on two football games at the same time.
- If you miss the start of a program, but have a tuner on that channel pressing record will capture up to the last hour in the buffer, so you can watch the program from the beginning .
- Pressing *HOME* followed by
- Manage series links
- Planned recordings
- Search all TV
- Browse all TV
- To change video format whilst watching a recording press *up*.
- If the screen locks up pressing the following key combination may help - *Thumbs up* *Thumbs down* *play* *play*.
- To reset the box hold in the standby button on the box for about 5 seconds.