TiVo Setup w/ picture in picture TV?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Kevin1234, Jul 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Kevin1234

Kevin1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased TiVo and have been trying to figure out how to set it up with all of my other components. I have a cable box, a VCR, and a TV with picture in picture.

TiVo is working fine (Video 2), but I can no longer change the channels on my VCR (which is Video 1), and therefore can't use picture in picture. I can only watch channel 3 or play videos on Video 1.

I am already using a splitter so that I can watch other channels when TiVo is recording, but I don't know how to set up the rest. My TV only has the one place for coaxial, but it has two A/V Inputs.

Does anyone know how to do this???

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure I understand your problem!

If your AV1 on the TV supports RGB you would be better advised to connect the Tivo to that and configure the output as RGB. I assume you have the cable box configured for RGB output and that it is connect to the AUX socket on the Tivo? (Tivo should be configured for RGB input)

I assume you have the VCR scart on the Tivo connected to the Input scart on the Video? I assume you'd then connect the TV output of the VCR to the other AV input on the tele?

This way you can PIP AV1 and AV2 on the tele. Why though can't you change channels on the video?

The aerial lead should go to the Tivo then the VCR and then the tele but ideally you should use the scarts to connect the boxes not the aerial leads.

Hope this helps!

DaveP