tivo setup help

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by scoobydont, Jan 30, 2014.

1. scoobydont

scoobydont
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi tech kings help needed,ive just switched from sky to virgin and overall very happy,but ive a problem with my onkyo reciever(tx sr606).with the sky box i could connect to the av via red and white phonos this was because the hdmi outputs on the reciever dont work,but i was happy with that anyway.now the tivo box has very limited connections i cant start to think how ill connect the two toghether i just got a optical cable from maplins and it dosent fit so guess ive got the wrong one but is that the only form of connection i can get thanks in advance

2. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Which end doesn't fit? I always find optical cables a bu**er to get to plug in! Pehaps keep trying!

AFAIK there is only one plug format for optical cables but trust others may inform us if incorrect?

3. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    Yes, the optical cable will only fit one way. Rotate it three ways and it won't fit, but the fourth will if you see what I mean. Can't recall, but you may need to alter the settings to ensure it is active too.

4. scoobydont

scoobydont
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks for replies ill try again with the cable,im not familiar with these cables but one end lights up when plugged into the tivo box but the other end dosent when inserted into the av unless im doing it wrong i find it a bit confusing

5. scoobydont

scoobydont
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmm sorted it didnt reAlise you had to take off the plastic covers off the cables thanks for replies have now worked out how to assign inputs