Tivo recorded Suggestions in HD

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As per title is there anyway to tell the TiVo just to record suggestions only in HD ?

That's a shame, as I would have thought it would have been a simple thing to implement, thanks for reply.

Virgin sort it out please, as what's the point in liking a program on a HD channel & then its records the non HD version..:facepalm:

Surely the main point of Suggestions is to suggest programs to you that you subsequently create a series link (in HD) for?

Am sure it is but I don't watch SD anymore at all, after all its just an option & I see no harm it recording HD versions of what it thinks I'd like to watch, then I might check them out.

Last edited:
I really don't get the "HD snobs" that simply refuse to watch something just because it's in SD and not HD.

Yes, of course HD is better but, if I were to be an HD snob I would (for example) have missed out on the excellent "Covert Affairs" which is shown on Really which doesn't have an HD variant.

If I like a show I'll watch it, regardless of whether it is in HD or SD.

If your calling me a snob how dare you use such a term you peasant ! :p channel what !! :D

I'll think your find there's a reason why you can view all channels or just HD only on the Tivo oh let me think virgin must have put it in there for all the so called HD snobs, there probably the same people that don't buy DVD's any more to :D

I just don't enjoy watching SD & TBH its also about the sound quality & if you think that's snobbish then so be it, am happy to be one :beer:

Oh & if I like a show that's not on a HD channel or even on virgin media then I'll wait till it comes out on Blu Ray thank you very much, after all there's only so many hours in the day..

Last edited:
None of which actually takes anything away from my point, which was that I wouldn't not watch something I wanted to just because it wasn't in HD.

Good for you but I object to you using the term snob as I don't believe my taste are superior to those of other people its a choice.

I wasn't meaning it in a nasty way but how else would you describe someone who won't watch something just because it's not in HD?

Interestingly, there is someone over on the DS Forums yesterday wondering exactly the opposite

Reverse snobbery? :p

No worries Cal just hate the word that's all, I would just say that they only like to watch HD that's all you need, most people don't really watch SD anyway do they as there TiVo will no doubt be set to out 1080i !!

Yes I know somebody that dislikes HD as well to much detail & there eyes don't agree with it, funny old world...I do watch some SD as I still have most of my DVD collection, but I watch it up scaled though so I guess I am not a total **** :D

I really don't get the "HD snobs" that simply refuse to watch something just because it's in SD and not HD.

Yes, of course HD is better but, if I were to be an HD snob I would (for example) have missed out on the excellent "Covert Affairs" which is shown on Really which doesn't have an HD variant.

If I like a show I'll watch it, regardless of whether it is in HD or SD.

One of the few times I agree with Carl :)

My goodness another one perhaps you should look up the word snob in the dictionary to because your both using it in the wrong context :D

Btw I have found my solution ... thanks for the help.
Press: home> settings> recordings>suggestions> highlight 'no'

I like to taunt SD users in the street :devil:

I've a long pointy stick specifically for this. :lesson:

It isn't a pretty sight, but someone has to do it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom