Tivo output to pc?

A

ab014b3077

I have a Tivo. I would like to know if there is a cable to send recorded programmes to my pc without using an internal card. Serif offer a lead with usb connection one end and A/V Leads plus for connecting a VCR or camcoder. This is supplied for use with their Movie plus software and they say no internal card is required.

Is there a similar lead available to connect Tivo into a usb or firewire port?

By the way I think my Tivo is great!!! I am a brand new subscriber to this forum so forgive me if this is a tried and tested question.

I was given my Tivo by a friend (incl lifetime subs too!) who couldn't get used to it!!! He got fed up with Tivo suggesting programmes to record!! lol

ab

2 ways.....one use the VCR SCART, this will give a composite connection, or you can supposedly hack the LINUX code and use video extraction if you have a NIC installed in your Tivo......but of course i wouldn't know anything about that.

I was given my Tivo by a friend (incl lifetime subs too!) who couldn't get used to it!!! He got fed up with Tivo suggesting programmes to record!! lol
Given? You lucky ******* :devil: most of us have to buy the things and as an early adopter of the technology I paid the full £400 for the box and then an additional £200 for the lifetime sub :mad: . I hate you already :D

I have a Tivo. I would like to know if there is a cable to send recorded programmes to my pc without using an internal card. Serif offer a lead with usb connection one end and A/V Leads plus for connecting a VCR or camcoder. This is supplied for use with their Movie plus software and they say no internal card is required.
This lead should work fine with a TiVo. All you will need is a Scart socket to 3 phono leads to connect to the Serif lead. Plug the scart lead into the VCR scart on TiVo. Be aware though that the quality captured on the PC will not be of great quality.

or you can supposedly hack the LINUX code and use video extraction if you have a NIC installed in your Tivo......but of course i wouldn't know anything about that.
Yes this would give far better PQ, but is a lot of diggin' around to find the correct info and hardware required as it is not strictly legal :nono: and if you don't want to be adding cards to your PC I doubt you'll want to be diggin' around inside the TiVo either.

Mark.

Thanks for your help both. I thrink i'll odredr the software and have a go with the scart lead.

:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom