1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo newbie question - RGB or CVBS?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Dr Bob, Feb 21, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dr Bob

Dr Bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After all of the positive posts the temptation was too much - I'm now a TiVo junkie, lifetime sub, planning the upgrade when my credit card cools down a bit.

Just a quick question though - when I'm watching the digibox via TiVo, either live or delayed then the signal is CVBS. If I switch to Aux bypass it changes to RGB. Is this correct?

Bob

2. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you can have RGB from both, you have to check your settings in the menus you need "Video output to TV" set to RGB + Pal and if you're on Software version 1.5** a re-boot of the Tivo is sometimes neccessary to enable the RGB.

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    and give tivo customer services a ring to get on the 'priority'list for upgrading to v2.5.5 - it is fantastic

4. Dr Bob

Dr Bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for both replies. TiVo restarted itself last night after the initial upgrade so I've got now got RGB.

I'm also on the upgrade priority list.

Cheers,

Bob