TiVo + MC question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Shannighan, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Shannighan

Shannighan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK for christmas im getting an HDTV, but it doesnt have a 3D comb filter, all it has is the NTSC tuner. I know that NVidia has a TV tuner card that will take the analog input signal and put it through a filter and reduce the noise and what not. I guess what im asking is if a get a good graphics card with a svid/ or a composite output, will i beable to hook it up to my TiVo and record the shows with the filters and stuff? i know the program it comes with will record shows but i would want to use my tivo as well.

2. Ch0pper

Ch0pper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I used to have a TiVo.. Trust me. Just get this set up well and you won't need it.

This records two channels at once for starters. UK TiVos do one (of course if you're in the US you can do more).

Once you get MCE on a machine install theatertek, it's a great DVD and HiDEf player, and it installs the Nvidia purevideo codec when you install it.

What would you want to hook the tivo up to it for?

Plug the tivo into another telly in another room if you want to keep it but you won't bother with it once you get it all set up well..

3. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I run MCE and TiVo as I find the TiVo metadata and guide data more reliable.

TiVo only crashes about once every 3 or 4 years whereas my Sony MCE has a hiccup once every month or so.

I have multiple TiVos, so the single tuner limitation is not as great :)

TiVo can also record from SkyHD and other HD satellite sources in RGB quality and can have multiple EPGs. These features are not available in UK MCE yet.

I have bought thousands of gadgets (spent £450k so far), and despite its age, TiVo has been my favourite over the last 20 years.

4. Shannighan

Shannighan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so your saying it is possible?

5. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The UK TiVo series one only records what you feed it.

If you are using a PC as an image processor then I don't see why you can't put it either before or after the TiVo.

Some people use a Lumagen or other Video Processor to clean up the TiVo output. You can use a PC instead of the VP to do the processing.

You could also use another VP to clean the input into TiVo (or any analog recording setup e.g. MCE with Sky or NTL cable).