1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO, learnt about it now were do I buy it from ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dUnKle, Jan 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    Thanks for the help on TIVO, now I am sure ( almost ) that I want it.

However the ONLY place I can find it is Dixons, who are selling it for £299. I am aware that Powerhouse/Martin Dawes had them for £200 but after lots of phoning they no longer seem to be selling them.

£300 is rather a lot and I was wandering if any of you TIVO experts new of any price reductions coming up, or even the dual tuner version being released in this country ?

Any help ?

Thanks

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,539
    i want to know when they plan to release one that will be able to decode VHF and UHF, so i can use it in Ireland and UK!!

3. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try here as there are a few threads relating to TiVo availability (or lack of). :(

Not sure why there is a lack of TiVo's in the channel, speculation could be that the new version of software (v2.5.5) is due soon and new stock will come pre-loaded. As I say though, it's just speculation.

I haven't heard any news about TiVo releasing a dual tuner model in the UK any time soon. :(

mjn: I thought there was already someone using a TiVo in Ireland, it might worth posting a query.

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    how long is the phone cable which comes with a TIVO ?

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,539
    u can use a TIVO in ireland, if you use it with Skydigital, but u can't with NTL cable because of the different sound formats, ie VHF and UHF

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    Unless anyone can tell me IF a dual tuner TIVO or a bigger HD version is due soon ( or even a BIG price drop ) ill be off to Dixons and getting one for £300

7. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  8. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    Cheers for that

Anybody any ideas if any newer TIVOs are to be released

9. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TiVo MkII has been announced in the US but no date for if/when it will released over here, I'm not holding my breath!

The phone lead included with the TiVo is about 5 metres but I'm using a Powerline telephone system using the mains wiring as a telephone extension and it works a treat.

If you're looking for bigger hard drives, don't wait for TiVo, do it yourself! The information is available on the internet, check the AVS Forum as a starting point which I've linked to in previous threads. :) A dual tuner TiVo is not likely anytime soon, unfortunately. :(

You can pick up TiVo's for about £200 from online dealers off loading remaining stock, nobody is quite sure why at the moment (speculation that it is in advance of the new software release, could be mkII but nobody knows). The RRP for TiVo is about £299 - if you can't get one then TiVo Customer Service should be able to supply one (at £299) the number is 08702 418486.