1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO - just set it up, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by jon smith, Oct 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Got my Tivo box this morning, from QED (ordered Wednesday afternoon).
    7 hours later and it's pretty much all set up (even though the room's a mess with boxes and bit everywhere).

2 questions...

The IR cable you have to attach to your digital box (i have a nokia itv digital) - the set up says you have to do, but the manual says it is optional - do you need to do it, what is the difference???

When I change channels with the tivo I get the tivo banner and the itv digital banner at the top - is this normal??

please help...

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Jon,

I use Sky digital so my setup is slightly different to yours, but I use the IR cable emitter. When I enter a channel number on the TiVo remote, the sky channel numbers and banner appear a second later after they are sent to the digibox by the IR cable.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So,

Jon what do you think of your TIVO so far?

Carl,

Question? why does the dial up time keep moving on a few hours each night, so after a week or so it starts dialing in the during the daytime?

Gary

4. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is an option with in the Messages and Setup about channel banners. You can switch to 'disappear' quickly to minimise the interference.

Oh and by the way - SEVEN hours?

[ 20-10-2001: Message edited by: dochall ]

5. Boney

Boney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The call takes just a few minutes but TiVo then processes the data for some time afterwards. The next call is then scheduled for 24 hours after the data had finished processing rather than after the call was completed.