TiVo has saved my life...

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by pointon, Mar 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't realise how sad I was, that my life was ruled by the TV listings. Not completely, I always managed to get out and get myself a good time. But it was always around the stuff I wanted to watch on TV. :blush:

No more! :)

TiVo lets me forget all about TV and go out and have a good time. Then when I get in it's ready to let me watch what I want in my own time. I can also afford to go to the toilet in the middle of a movie on Sky. :)

I don't quite know which is more sad, me before TiVo or me actually admitting to the above...

Had it running less than a week, and I've already had the software update! Not even activated my account yet. :D :D :D

TiVo is highly recommended in the Pointon household.

2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Totally agree Pointon,just got my Tivo yesterday and set it up this morning after plumbing it into the av spaghetti junction:eek: phoned the Tivo boys up - really helpfull/etc went to work this afternoon to come back to a fully downloaded machine and what can I say - just stunning :D such cool features that I will no doubt get through in the next few days,anyone cosidering getting one of these and keeps putting it off - GO FOR IT - you won`t be disapointed and you can pick them up for the sum of £199.Have just forced a phone call like the Tivo man suggested and hey presto it is now running the new 2.5 software:D and the amount of helpfull advice on the Tivo community forums is nothing short of amazing,anyhow thats enough waffle for now - just so impressed with this thing,but hey we both know that ;)

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheer up Pointon, you are not sad, just one of us TiVo pioneers! There, does that feel better...?;)

4. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Where can you get TIVO for £199?

cheers

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MrTonks on the TiVo community website has 'em. He poted today saying he's got 18 left.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Its a 6020 model (ie not the latest firmware) but has the added advantage of being the two drive model so it makes it easier to stick a bigger hdd into it as you don't have to faf around getting a drive bay installed too.

Look on http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14

There will be a post from MrTonks as stated above.

PS this £199 includes delivery and no credit card charge. Stonking :)

6. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks

7. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah got mine from Mr Tonks,really nice guy,ordered on the afternoon and delivered the next day at 10.30am for the sum of £199 all in:D and as graham says it is the 6020 model with 2 drives - much easier for adding the bigger drive that you will crave:devil:

9. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just ordered mine from Mr Tonks !

Can't wait for delivery tommorow, thanks for the thread Pointon I don't think I will regret buying one

10. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You won't, although I've had to turn off its suggestions feature. Told it I liked 'Batman Of The Future' and it wouldn't stop recording kids programmes. I had to outlaw CBeebies and Toon Disney. It was going totally insane!

11. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem with kids programmes, just "thumbs down" them and it stopped.

I told it I like Sci-Fi. It recorded ID4 on C5. I've got it on DVD so deleted it, but gave it a "Thumbs Up".

Trouble is a couple of days later it said to itself (yeah right) "Mmmm, he liked Id4, that means he must like Will Smith. So I'll record Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - cos it stars Will Smith"

that got a thumbs down too!