Tivo for £199 inc next day delivery

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by GavinBrowne, Feb 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. GavinBrowne

GavinBrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Just thought you would like to know I bought a tivo on Tuesday for £199 inc delivery (next day). It came on Wednesday as promised and having gone through the installation and setup last night I am very impressed.

As far as I know it is one of the older versions but I am lead to believe this will actually be easier to upgrade as it should already have 2 discs. Evidently it's fairly straight forward to add a larger disc in place of the second original disc as the brackets are already there. (also gives you the added bonus of a spare disc for the PC)

I have also read that the nicam problem is not evident when you are using sky digital so for me it should never be a problem.

If anyone is interested I bought it from mr Tonks who told me they had about 30 left at this price (on Tuesday) 01922 615212.

Cheers,

Gavin.

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you had chance to check this yet? I was under the impression that it came with a mounting plate for a second disk, but only one disk. I may be wrong tho'!

DaveP