1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo/DVD recorders

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by clive joy, Dec 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. clive joy

clive joy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

My first post, so be gentle

What would you recomend Tivo or Panny DVR Recorder. The 'time skip' functions looks pretty goodon the Panny.

thanks

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    If you really have to choose, then probably the Panny (if you mean the HS2. If you mean the E30 it's a lot less clear).

I have TIVO and an E30 - all the functionality and flexibility of the TIVO with its hard disc recording facility, then archive onto DVD using the E30. You can't get close to the TIVOs features with just a DVD recorder - not even the HS2. But personally I think a DVD recorder is now a must have and you might find it very difficult to locate a TIVO for sale. The range of PVRs is growing all the time and new ones are promised for early 2003. Thomson, maker of TIVO, is bringing one out I think which is a combined hard disc/DVD recorder which may be a serious contender.

3. clive joy

clive joy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Phil

Panny it is then