Tivo connection

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by fatrich, May 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi guys
    just stepped on to the tivo path and just a wee bit confussed with the connections can u please help.

The equipment is Phillips 36 inch tv , Tivo , Sky digi box and pioneer 737 dvd player. The tv has 3 scarts 2 of which are RGB.
    i do not wish to use a video recorder in the equasion.

i wish to scart every thing up can some one run through the proceedure the dvd player i want to remain RGB and the same for the sky digital should the tivo be scarted up to the tv, the booklet seems to indicate a straight line i thought u had to make a loop?

any comments would be appreciated

regards

richard

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would scart the DVD staright to TV.

Then plug the Sat box and VCR into the TiVo. then plug the TiVo into the TV.

I didn't think I would want the VCR but have used it a couple of times. Especially when there are three things on at 10pm and they're not repeated so TiVo could pick up the repeat. TiVo one, tape one and watch one.

3. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Graham
    how are U?
    thanks for the reply, i dont want the vcr in the setup so it will just be the dvd player , tivo and the sky box do i read u right,
    the dvd player direct to the av1 on the tv
    the tivo scart up to the sky box and then scart the tivo to av2 is that right?

regards
    richard

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, that looks right.

One annoying little habit I've found with TiVo is it will always try and record ITV/BBC etc off the digital nos. (i.e. 101 thru 105) not a problem in itself but if you want to record something on ITV but watch say SiFi Channel it won't let you switch - you'd have to record the SciFi and watch terrestrial ITV.

Sometimes this clashes with your season passes and can get muddled.

I've finally unticked 101 thru 105 in TiVo so it will always record the terrestrial versions.

If its recording channel 44 (our BBC1 North) then pressing AUX will allow you to watch satelite while its recording the other channel.

Its amaznig how quickly it picks up on your likes and dislikes, and fills that hard disk!

happy TiVoing:D