TiVo and You Tube

steveizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Should i complain about my You Tube Service on Tivo, most attempts to watch You Tube recently ends with a blank page, anyone else seen this?

I don't think anyone has had anything good to say about the updated YouTube app? Whether you complain about it is up to you, but I think both Virgin and YouTube are aware that people are not happy about it. I doubt you getting in touch with Virgin directly will result in any kind of resolve and I think the best you can do is hope they take note of the public forums and rectify the situation with yet another update. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

I also only get a blank page with the revised YouTube - anyone know a fix???

Cheers.

Nig

its' very dodgy. The old Youtube is now refusing to show my favourites and generally I just get a blank screen with the new Youtube.

The fact that we have two youtubes is madness anyway, and yes we know it might not be down to VM, but they need to put pressure on google to get it sorted.

I can't get the new You Tube to work either. It shows a blank page for a long time then plays the video slower than a slideshow.

The old app still works ok. It almsot seems like a bandwidth issue, the new app is showing in HD and it just keeps on buffering. The old app in SD manages to buffer ok.

I did read somewhere that the TiVo box is set at 10mb connection, but could be changed to 20 if needed by certain customers. Could this be what's needed ?

Was rubbish before and even worse now after upgrade!!!

You cannot even login to your own youtube account anymore!!!

How have some still got the old app and how are you accessing it?

still unusable on my box, even the old version. think if i get 30 mins spare in my day ill call up and have a moan, not good enough a service to offer imo.

still unusable on my box, even the old version. think if i get 30 mins spare in my day ill call up and have a moan, not good enough a service to offer imo.

Same here, new version still won't work, old one seems ok.

Tempted to ring myself, but they will probably just say it's a faulty box and replace it, meaning we lose all our recordings....

Not sure it's worth it. If you do call, would be interested in what they say.

Last edited:
since this weekend, the old version of Youtube isn't loading on my TiVo. Just comes up with TiVo please wait, then after about 15 seconds goes back to the apps menu.

New Youtube generally doesn't play anything apart from the "top hits" that Youtube has selected.

So whilst the 15.2 update means TiVo is now running at a decent speed, one of the best features for my toddlers has now gone.

might have to invest in a boxee :)

In the "my shows and recordings" section there is a youtube link at the bottom of my list of recorded shows...seems much better than that shabby app!! :thumbsup:

it speaks volumes that Virgin have now put up a "discovery" link on TiVo telling you to use the old verison of Youtube if you are having trouble with the new version.

The fact that a set top box has two versions of Youtube is just simply bizarre and smacks of amateurism.

Mine still won't work. Given up using TiVo for YouTube now.
Posted on the Virgin Media forum about the new Xbox 360 YouTube app. That works so well, fast, nice options (allows you to log in to your account) and all HD videos play perfectly.

If only Virgin could produce something like that.

Mine still won't work. Given up using TiVo for YouTube now.
Posted on the Virgin Media forum about the new Xbox 360 YouTube app. That works so well, fast, nice options (allows you to log in to your account) and all HD videos play perfectly.

If only Virgin could produce something like that.

indeed, this just goes against what some people who've been defending VM/Tivo by saying that all devices are getting the new non "log in version" as the 360 version only went live last week.

tried the xbox youtube last night, and wasn't overly impressed.

yes it allowed me to login ok, and see favourites and playlists, a big step up from the VM abomination.

But it couldn't cope with BBC or BBC worldwide channels, probably because it was too busy deciding whether I should be allowed to watch the videos on a non computer platform.

linked to that, it filtered out loads of videos, compared to my Ipad youtube, as they are flagged as not being available to view on a non computer platform.

I use a Chromecast for YouTube (and BBC iPlayer). Far better than using my tivo.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom