1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo £229.30 - Go and buy now!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by simon1, Feb 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Just heard Currys are doing the Tivo for £229.30.

They even have the latest version - 6023.

Don't wait any longer!

2. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is different with the new version?

3. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing.

The only reason people refer to 60xx is that this is part of the serial number and although not accurate can be used to give an indication of the age of the box, the number of disks (newer production from about 6021 onwards switched to single disk) and if it has a known problem with NICAM stereo (6020 and before, a free repair is available from TiVo Customer Services).

Other than NICAM and single/dual disk there is no discernable difference between each of the different production runs.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    If I bought one, is it easy to add the second drive to these 6023 or will I have to buy an expensive america bracket?

5. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nic,

There's a lot of threads about upgrading Tivo's in particular the "Hinsdale" instructions here

I think the brackets are inexpensive and some of the UK upgraders have worked around it.

I've been lurking at the UK Tivo community forum here for a while and will be joining the Tivo community shortly, just got to figure out a way of smuggling the box into the house ;)

It does look like it's the better option as opposed to Sky+ particularly with the lifetime sub option.

Steve

6. GavinBrowne

GavinBrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Just thought you would like to know I bought a tivo yesterday for £199 inc delivery (next day). It came today as promised and I have just gone through the installation and setup.

As far as I know it is one of the older versions but I am lead to believe this will actually be easier to upgrade as it should already have 2 discs. Evidently it's fairly straight forward to add a larger disc in place of the second original disc as the brackets are already there. (also gives you the added bonus of a spare disc for the PC)

I have also read that the nicam problem is not evident when you are using sky digital so for me it should never be a problem.

If anyone is interested I bought it from mr Tonks who told me they had about 30 left at this price 01922 615212.

Cheers,

Gavin.

7. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Well the deed is done. I have a new 6023 and will set it up tomorrow. I have done a rare thing for me and bought before I saw one working. I hope all you guys are right about this.:D