TiVo,£150 in store @ Comet.

atmoscinema

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just been down to Comet and the TiVo is £150 in store now,with 3 months interest free credit option.

The IR blaster socket is used to change channels with NTL Digital it would seem,yes?

I wonder whether NTL's price will come down now.

My Box is a Pace Phase 1 at the mo,what model number is this and would it work with TiVo ok without any additional connections or charge from NTL?

What's the recorded resolution of TiVo,is it PAL 625 lines or 500 lines similar to DVD?

Has anyone got it connected to a Philips 6006 TV and if so is RGB ok?

Don't hang about wayne, go and get it NOW. £150 is a bargain.

With recordings in 'Best' quality, I think it's fair to compare it with SVHS. However, I would find it difficult to tell from actual broadcast. I couldn't use a VHS recorder now, too old-fashioned! I ended up buying a 2nd tivo a few months after the first.

I have both connected to a Sony tv via rgb, and am delighted with the quality. I doubt the NTL price will come down - I would imagine that Comet and any other retailers selling at this sort of price will be making a loss.

I think that the price has come down as TiVo have launched TiVo SERIES 2 and the original TiVo is now $139,which relates to the Comet price reduction.

Does TiVo come with a IR blaster cable and ready straight out of the box?

I've got a JVC SVHS video anyway and it produces an excellent recording,it just lacks in the colour fidelity department a little.

I assume TiVo has geat colour fidelity close to the original recording and of course has RGB output.

I think that the price has come down as TiVo have launched TiVo SERIES 2 and the original TiVo is now $139,which relates to the Comet price reduction.

TiVo Series 2 will NOT be launched in UK, so this will not affect the price.

Does TiVo come with a IR blaster cable and ready straight out of the box?

Yes. It even comes with a good quality scart. All you need to do is plug and go!

I've got a JVC SVHS video anyway and it produces an excellent recording,it just lacks in the colour fidelity department a little.

I assume TiVo has geat colour fidelity close to the original recording and of course has RGB output.

At best quality TiVo is close to the original source material and yes it does output in RGB.

My Box is a Pace Phase 1 at the mo,what model number is this and would it work with TiVo ok without any additional connections or charge from NTL?

If you have a series 1000 pace box then you will need the cable adapter available direct from Tivo for £30. It converts the Tivo remote control output to IRdA which is all these Pace boxes will understand.

think i'll have to get one!!

Yes,but what I want to know is,can you do a manual recording set up,like you do with a video recorder and thus not need to subscribe,in case it goes tits up?

tivos £99 at unbeatable sold out.:eek:

Hello.
I am probably just being stoopid but i can't find TIVO on the unbeatable web site. Help please !:confused:

Originally posted by Wayne Moule
Yes,but what I want to know is,can you do a manual recording set up,like you do with a video recorder and thus not need to subscribe,in case it goes tits up?

There is a lot of discussion on this subject. The problem is that just about eveybody who buys a TiVo pays for a sub. Some users claim to have used their TiVo without a sub for manual recordings without problems
TiVo are in NO danger of going tits up. They are in agreements with companies such as Sony for their software, and are a large company in USA. The TiVo community forum have discussed this to death and most believe TiVo are here to stay!:)

BUT

If Tivo were to go bust or just pull out of the UK then the units can be unlocked and used manually without sub

tivo @ unbeatable @ £98 is back on!

Just ordered one myself

:D :D :D

i can't find it!!!

they might be sold out now, but try during the morning and other times, it seems to come on then off, very strange, I think they are running out of there allocation, then finding new ones etc.

good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom