Titans Season 3 (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas, had no idea S3 had dropped. Loved S1 and can't say I felt the same about the second season.

I loved the Dolby vision in previous series, I wonder why they dropped it.

I far preferred S3 to S2, though I still didn't think S3 was as good as S1.

Thought S3 also meandered a bit in the middle and the story could have been told in a couple of less episodes. but the season started and ended well.

Think i would give S3 a 7

Yes it had it - I remember watching it in HDR. Now they even removed it from the previous series. Maybe they are keeping it for when they launch a DC Streaming Service. Everyone seems to be launching a streaming service, even my Grandma.

Great review Cas, love this show. Between this, Superman & Lois, Hanna and Lost in Space, December is well sorted and we still have the Witcher Season 2 and the rest of Hawkeye to look forward to.

Seasons 1 and 2 were actually 4K HDR when they were produced for the DC Universe service (on Netflix they were 1080p HDR) but when they shut that down and moved the content to HBOMax they only did Season 3 in 1080p SDR :(

Seasons 1 and 2 were actually 4K HDR when they were produced for the DC Universe service (on Netflix they were 1080p HDR) but when they shut that down and moved the content to HBOMax they only did Season 3 in 1080p SDR :(
They were? I remember saying to Cas back in season 1 that the DV looked superb, with others saying the same, I’m sure it was DV :confused:

Edit: Looking back it looks like it was indeed hdr10 only, must be losing my marbles 😄

Last edited:
Hi all, my 10 year old has seen the trails for this and wants to watch it. It’s a 15 certificate so I’ve said no, but haven’t had chance to watch it myself and see why it’s a 15. She’s seen all the marvel films and is fine with those, and is well into Buffy the Vampire Slayer (think she sees this as a kind of a cross of the two)
Appreciate any insight into the reason for it being a 15 - is it as violent as Daredevil? Full on special cuddles? It’s really hard to find the info online and I trust you guys! Thanks?

Hi all, my 10 year old has seen the trails for this and wants to watch it. It’s a 15 certificate so I’ve said no, but haven’t had chance to watch it myself and see why it’s a 15. She’s seen all the marvel films and is fine with those, and is well into Buffy the Vampire Slayer (think she sees this as a kind of a cross of the two)
Appreciate any insight into the reason for it being a 15 - is it as violent as Daredevil? Full on special cuddles? It’s really hard to find the info online and I trust you guys! Thanks?

It's no where near as violent as Daredevil or Punisher, but it's way more than anything Marvel (and Buffy for that matter, even the later seasons).

There's a LOT of swearing. Some really random nudity. And it is pretty brutal, particularly in that a lot of the violence is grounded rather than 'super'd'.

I would just watch Season 1 Episode 1, within a few minutes you'll be able to see for yourself.

If you want to buy yourself a little time, try her on Superman & Lois: Superman & Lois Season 1 (BBC) TV Show Review

That's pretty 'mature' too in a lot of ways, definitely at the Marvel level, but also by and large suitable (IMO) to someone who is comfortable with the entire MCU run.

It's no where near as violent as Daredevil or Punisher, but it's way more than anything Marvel (and Buffy for that matter, even the later seasons).

There's a LOT of swearing. Some really random nudity. And it is pretty brutal, particularly in that a lot of the violence is grounded rather than 'super'd'.

I would just watch Season 1 Episode 1, within a few minutes you'll be able to see for yourself.

If you want to buy yourself a little time, try her on Superman & Lois: Superman & Lois Season 1 (BBC) TV Show Review

That's pretty 'mature' too in a lot of ways, definitely at the Marvel level, but also by and large suitable (IMO) to someone who is comfortable with the entire MCU run.
Thanks Cas, appreciate the reply and insight! I’ll give the first episode a watch - probably end up hooked on it! 😂
Superman & Lois does look good too, I’ll watch that with her and see how it goes!

Thanks again, and love the reviews - I agree with 99% of them and definitely wish I had more time to watch everything!!

Just done episode 3, yeah kinda forgot that this show really isn’t your typical DC/CW happy every after type affair.

To add to the above post regarding a 10 year old, I say for the most part it’s going depend on the child as not all 10 year olds are the same in how they process certain content.
We’ve got an 11 year boy and there’s no way we’re letting him watch this show.
He had a massive freak out when we saw Spider-Man Far From Home due to Zombie Iron Man Lol, granted that was 2 years ago but he still mentions it now and won’t watch it again so this most certainly isn’t the show for him right now.

I agree, Cas, this is well worth sticking with.
This continues to throw in some quite brutal murderous arcs and really keeps the psychoses vibe running, whether it's Scarecrow or one of the gang going off on one. In fact, it's one of the things I enjoy most about it, in that it looks for the threat both at the intra- and inter-levels.
The (incestuous) gang relationships are handled well too and there's always fun there. I particularly liked Dick and Barbara's flashback thief episode.
Why they have the random nudity scene baffles me in this? I'm not complaining, pretty woman with a great figure, but no real plot device beyond Jason being confused over exploitation.

Just done episode 3, yeah kinda forgot that this show really isn’t your typical DC/CW happy every after type affair.

To add to the above post regarding a 10 year old, I say for the most part it’s going depend on the child as not all 10 year olds are the same in how they process certain content.
We’ve got an 11 year boy and there’s no way we’re letting him watch this show.
He had a massive freak out when we saw Spider-Man Far From Home due to Zombie Iron Man Lol, granted that was 2 years ago but he still mentions it now and won’t watch it again so this most certainly isn’t the show for him right now.
Yes I watched the first episode yesterday afternoon and it’s 100% unsuitable for her! Way more violent than anything she’s ever seen, and guessing it can get even darker.

I was right though, I’m hooked! I really enjoyed it and I’m going to watch the rest now! 😂

Saw season 3 a little while back and loved it, one of my favourite shows and hope it gets picked up for another few seasons

Some episodes was really good and then some just naive,i dont ask for realistic but naive is no go for me.
All in total 6 of 10 for this season.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom